five

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Another school week passed. This time, it wasn't as boring because JJ was there to make us laugh from the beginning to the end of the day.
When I met him, I thought he was one of those guys that could not take a joke and just smoked to seem cool but he has proven me wrong and I've been loving these goofy side of him.
Pope and Kiara also seem to be proud of how much he improved his attitude this passed week and I'm happy to see him more carefree.

Today they decided that they were going to face their fear and go into John B's house. I thought it was something that they should do alone and just asked Kie to drop me off at a supermarket so that I could buy some decorations for my bedroom.

After buying everything I needed and because I didn't want to interrupt their moment just to ask Kie to take me home. I decided to go for a walk on the beach.
I put the bag full of room decorations in my backpack and walked along the shore. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize that I had walked all the way to the docks. There were a lot of people gathered in one place looking at the police taking a boat out of the water.

"That's the boat that John B and Sarah took when they fled from the police." I heard a girl whisper.

This can't be good. I tried calling Kie but she wouldn't pick up. I still hadn't asked for Pope or JJ's phone number and I didn't know what else to do.

"Fuck" I said while I ran to get to The Wreck where I knew I could find Kie's dad and ask for Pope's phone number. "Uncle Mike, do you have Pope's number?" I asked breathing heavily as soon as I stepped into the kitchen.

"I do. Why?" He asked visibly confused.

"I was at the docks and they found John B's boat. I know he is important to them and Kie isn't answering her phone." I said stumbling in my words. I didn't know why but it made me sad that they found his boat and no trace of him and I knew that this was going to devastate my friends, I just didn't know how much.

"What? Really? Jesus, I'll call Pope." He said and immediately dialed his number. We went out of the wreck and walked in the direction of the docks.

I wasn't paying attention to what Mike was saying on the phone. I was just scared of how Pope, Kie and JJ were going to take this. I felt sad and I didn't even know John B or Sarah. I knew this meant that they would shut me out once again and I wasn't ready for it. We were starting to trust each other and now another bomb is thrown at them. They didn't find a cadaver but everybody knows that the chances of surviving a boat accident in the middle of the ocean are slim. I didn't want to think about the worse but it was inevitable.

I snapped out of my train of thought when I heard Kiara's loud crying. She was hugging her dad, soaking his shirt. Pope's parents had also arrived and were comforting their son. I saw JJ feeling lost, he didn't even seem to notice the tears streaming down his face.

I walked up to him and hugged his torso. At first he didn't move but after a few seconds he put his arms around me, hid his face in the curve of my neck and started sobbing loudly. I tried to calm him down by caressing his back with circular movements. I knew that words weren't going to make it better so we just stood there in silence while I tried to comfort the boy while he just cried uncontrollably in my arms.

After a few minutes Pope and Kie joined our hug. JJ seemed to be the most upset one out of the three. Around ten minutes after, JJ seemed to be calmer and we just undid our hug. That's when I realized that I was also crying. Seeing how heartbroken the boy in front of me was made me cry without even knowing what the hell was going on.

Mike made us all go to The Wreck so that they could recompose and eat something. None of the three had said a word since they found out about the destroyed boat that was discovered by the police. Uncle Mike and I set up a table for them and cooked a quick meal. Neither one of us had the courage to start a conversation seeing the heavy environment that surrounded the table. How could we tell them that everything is going to be fine when we weren't sure of it? I knew what they were feeling, like they couldn't do anything... I felt it too when I didn't know exactly what was happening to my father, when I still thought that he was innocent.

"This doesn't mean anything, right? They can still be out there.." Kie said in a low whisper, almost as if she couldn't find her voice. "Right?" She asked louder when no one answered her.

"I'm with Kie, he survived! I feel it, deep down." JJ replied staring into a white wall.

"I don't know guys... did you see the boat? It was completely shattered." Pope said. I saw a single tear fall down from Kie's eyes. JJ seemed to be in a transe still staring into the wall.

I grabbed both Kie and JJ's hands because I was in the middle of them and gave them a little squeeze trying to give them some type of comfort. I didn't dare to say a word because I didn't know what they were going through and even if I did, I don't think I would be able to find the right words to say.

All of our attention was put into the people that had just walked into the restaurant as it was supposed to be closed. Kelce walked in first seeming a little shaken up followed by Topper who was crying just like Kie and Pope were an hour ago.

"I'm so sorry for what I said in the party last week. I didn't think that this was going to happen. They have to be ok. Sarah can't die!" Topper said between heavy sniffles and sobs.

Kie was the first to get up and hug him followed by Pope and then JJ. My mind was going a thousand per second. What does this mean? Wasn't he a bad person? Didn't they hate him?

Once the sad moment was over, Topper and Kelce joined us at the table and we spent our meal without saying another word.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Do you want me to start adding pics of the outfits that Marina is wearing or something? I've seen some people do it and I was wondering if you would like that...