fourty three

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

We were all in the chateau, gathered around a little bonfire while we shared stories about this past few months.

"So Rina.. how did you end up in Outer Banks?" Sarah asked innocently.

"Oh that's a long story." I said playing it off.

"We have all night." She answered laughing. I saw the looks that Kie gave her as if telling her not to push me too much.

"I guess I had nowhere else to go. My father went to prison for some despicable crimes and me and my mom lost everything." I shrugged while holding back the tears. JJ squeezed my waist an caressed my hand that was holding his. "But I was living a facade there and I'm much happier here. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not just to fit in with the snobby kids and I think I finally found people that actually care about me." I said and looked around cleaning that one tear that slipped away.

"We are a family." John B said.

"I'm sorry for pushing you." Sarah said seeming ashamed of her behavior.

"I had to tell you eventually so it's not a big deal." I smiled warmly at her.

"How was your time in the Bahamas?" Pope asked.

"It was amazing and awful at the same time." John B said and chuckled.

"We lived in a boat with around 20 fisherman for almost a month and when we got there they accompanied us to a homeless center." Sarah began.

"It was scary living there, there were people fighting over the stupidest stuff everyday and overall it was a very toxic environment." John B explained. "But we spent our days fishing and surfing with stolen boards and that part was magical." He smiled looking up at the sky as if remembering the good times.

"We went looking for Esme as soon as we docked in there but we heard about the news that she was out of the country for a few weeks so every morning we went to her house and knocked on her door until one day she actually opened it." Sarah giggled. "She was super shocked to see us, she thought we were dead. I mean, everyone thought we were dead." She whispered.

"We called as soon as it was safe. I'm sorry for putting you through all the trauma." John B said fidgeting with his fingers.

"We were all good, didn't even notice you were gone." JJ said playfully earning a laugh from the whole group.

"Sure. JJ was literally unrecognizable while you were gone. He was so quiet and rude, it was truly weird." Kie laughed.

"JJ quiet?" Sarah asked ironically.

"I swear I was very intimidated and kind of scared of him." I said nudging JJ.

"I can't even picture JJ like that." John B chuckled.

"Rina is telling the truth." Pope said cracking up.

"Ok, I get it. Now stop making fun of me." JJ said and I could see his cheeks becoming red out of embarrassment.

The night went on and on and I could feels myself getting super attached to the 2 people that had just arrived back home. I guess Outer Banks really is my home now.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Next chapter will be the epilogue. Sorry for such a short chapter but I just lost inspiration for this story. Hope you can understand that.