twenty seven

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

The next day we were all seated in mine and Kie's room awaiting John B's call. This time Topper was with us and I knew this was going to create a lot of questions on Sarah and John B's heads.

"Hi guys!" Sarah greeted. I noticed that she was on John B's lap and there was another girl sitting next to them. "This is Esme." We all said hello to the unknown person and she smiled seeming to be a little shy. I was in her shoes a while ago.

"Is that Topper?" John B interrupted. Topper waved awkwardly and got closer to the phone as he was just watching the call from a distance. "I never got the chance to thank you for distracting the cops so that we could run." I was surprised but I could see that I wasn't the only one. It seems that Topper isn't such a bad guy after all.

"It was nothing." Topper said playing it off.

"So... let's talk about the important stuff." Kie said to relieve the heavy silence.

"Esme graduated law school last year and she is trying to make us the legal owners of the gold." Sarah explained giving Esme a side hug.

"We need the Parcel 9 papers and we know it's a lot to ask-" John B started but JJ cut him off.

"Oh you need this papers?" JJ asked showing the folder that we took from Tannyhill.

"Is that Ward's properties folder?" Sarah questioned. I noticed how she didn't refer to her father as her dad or something. I did the same thing.

"Yes." JJ answered proudly.

"How do you have it?" John B asked.

"We may have broken into Tannyhill a few days ago." JJ replied grinning.

"You're one step ahead of us. Wow!" Esme commented smiling. "When I was researching I found out that the Parcel 9 property is in Sarah and Rafe's name." She said and paused to see our reactions.

"So it means that everything that was inside at the time of the purchase belongs to me and Rafe." Sarah spoke with excitement.

"We want to make it Sarah's and for that we need to make Rafe sell his part to her or something." John B finished.

"He is in the Dare county detention center right now." Topper said.

"We can't go there, for obvious reasons, so it has to be you guys." Sarah said taking John B's hand into hers.

We continued to talk about the plan and Esme emailed us a document that Rafe had to sign so that the property would legally belong to Sarah. After having everything sorted out, they began talking about the good old moments and I sat back observing the scene.

It was amazing to see them so happy, even Topper was getting along with everyone, and I felt amazing to see them all smile after everything they went through. Unconsciously, I layed my head on Jj's shoulder and he kissed my forehead while he was still focused on the conversation. We haven't kissed since the day I decided to give him a second chance but he has been more affectionate. I liked it.

"Is there anything we should know?" John B asked pointing at me and JJ. My cheeks turned crimson and I shifted my focus to my feet.

"Not right now but hopefully soon, I'll have some news to tell you." JJ replied and I just hit his arm playfully.

"You're full of yourself." I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the huge grin that the boy had plastered in his face.

"You look so cute together!" Sarah squealed.

We talked for a little longer and then said our goodbyes and started to do other stuff.

"I'm having a Halloween party in my house tomorrow." Topper spoke.

"Why are you having a party on the 29th? Halloween is just at the 31st." I questioned. Usually in Portugal we only go out on the 31st.

"Well yeah but here we have multiple parties during the week until Halloween. You're all invited!" Topper answered.

My birthday was on the 30th  but I wasn't really going to celebrate it. My friends had way more important stuff to occupy their minds and I didn't feel like partying. It was going to be the first birthday that I celebrated without my sperm donor and as much as I wanted to be strong and seem unbothered, I couldn't fully pretend that it didn't hurt.

"You could have warned us sooner, now I have little time to find a costume." I responded with a forced smile.

"Sorry, I just decided it yesterday." He said laughing.

"I think we are going to go home." Pope said picking up his stuff.

"I'll go as well." Topper said.

The boys started to gather their school stuff because we did some homework before the call and headed to the door but JJ stayed behind.

"Rina?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied walking closer to him.

"Would you go on a date with me? Like Sunday?" He questioned scratching the back of his neck because of how nervous he was.

"Of course."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Mehhh kinda shitty but whatever