twenty four

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

We were supposed to be at the chateau 2 hours ago but JJ got into a fight at school and earned himself a full week of detention.

"I'm sorry ok? He was pissing me off and I couldn't contain myself." JJ said raising his arms in defeat.

"You always resort to violence." Kie replied shaking her head in disappointment.

"The guy was talking shit about us! What did you want me to do? Seat there and listen? No!" JJ answered raising his voice a bit.

"Let's forget about this and focus on the files." I intervened trying to calm them down.

"I'm with Rina on this." Pope stated and opened the big folder.

We flipped through pages and pages of properties all over The US until we came across a receipt from The Bahamas. The only problem was, they didn't have just one house there.

"Great. Of course rich people have multiple houses in the same country. What now?" Kie asked.

"At least we know where both of the houses are." I replied trying to see the good side of the situation.

"Yeah but they are in completely different sides of the island." Pope said resting his head on his arms, showing his frustration.

"Is it a bad time to suggest asking Topper for help?" I asked kind of hesitantly.

"Why do you keep on insisting on him?" JJ spoke getting agitated.

"Well because he definitely knows more than us!" I replied matching his rude tone.

"We're not bringing him into this!" JJ said and crossed his arms in a defensive way.

"Goddamnit, JJ! Just think about it.. he might be the missing piece to knowing where they are!" I said getting frustrated at how mean he was being.

"I don't trust him and I will never trust him." He stated.

"He's hurting just as much as you are! He lost Sarah too!" I tried convincing him.

"Why are you so keen on bringing him into this?" He asked stepping closer to me.

"Because he is my friend and I'm trying to help you guys." I said also taking a step closer to him. Kie and Pope were just there listening to our argument without intervening.

"We don't need your help, ok?" He said raising his voice at me once again.

"You don't mean that." I replied stepping away from him. I saw the regret in his face but once again he spoke before thinking and hurt me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and tried to take my hand into his.

I walked even further away from him and that's when I felt the way my heart ached.

"You keep saying you're sorry but I don't see you changing." I told him. I turned away from him and walked off. "Tomorrow after school?" I asked Pope. Standing by the door.

"Uh.. Yeah. We should all go, it's almost dinner time." He answered giving me a small smile.

Me and Kie walked to her car and Pope and JJ decided to walk to their house. The silence was deafening between me and Kie. Neither one of us knew what to say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked halfway home.

"He keeps hurting me and as much as I want, I can't hate him." I said still looking out the window.

"Rina, you like him. It's natural to feel like that." She answered looking at me for a few seconds.

"But why? He has been screwing up from the beginning of our friendship." I said sighing.

"The good stuff is so good that it makes the bad stuff seem like nothing." She explained.

"It weirdly makes sense." I said laughing lightly.

"I should be a philosopher." She said pulling into our driveway.

"That would definitely work out." I replied sarcastically while getting out of the car.

We went up to our room, changed into our pajamas and layed on our beds while waiting for dinner.

"I'm going to bring Topper tomorrow." I said when we were both laying distracted on our phones.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." She said sighing and putting her phone down.

"He will be able to help us." I told her firmly.

"I know but it's just too fresh with JJ." She said.

"We're just wasting time. He's coming and that's final."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I don't really like this chapter but I needed some filler chapters before shit actually starts to go down.