twenty nine

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I woke up the next morning with my mom shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw her holding a plate of pancakes with nutella. She used to do this every year on my birthday when we were back in Portugal.

"Hey baby. I made your favorite." She smiled, placing the tray with food at the end of my bed. (Just pretend their conversation is in Portuguese, I didn't want to make it confusing.)

"Thank you mama. I love you." I said still a bit groggy because I had just woken.

"I have the morning free and planned to spend that time with you." She said taking the tray from the bed and putting it on my lap.

"I would love that." I replied and looked to the bed next to mine, verifying that Kie was not there.

I ate my breakfast in the presence of my mom while we caught up on each other's lives because even though we lived in the same house, we barely got to spend time together due to my mom's constant working and picking up extra shifts in the hospital as a nurse assistant.
After eating and getting ready, we went out on a walk through the beach.

"What's been happening in your life?" My mom asked.

She seemed to feel guilty because she couldn't spend a lot of time with me but I knew she was doing what she needed to give us a good life.

"Just going to school and hanging out with my friends." I said and grabbed her hand so that we were now holding hands.

I felt like it was better to leave off the part where we are trying to help Sarah and John B because I didn't want to worry her.

"I never met them. Who are they?" She questioned.

"Oh they are basically Kie's friends. There's JJ, Pope and Topper. They've been to the house a few times." I answered.

"Yesterday's party was in who's house?" She asked.

"Topper's but JJ organized the surprise birthday thing." I smiled remembering how perfect the night went with him.

"The most important thing is that you're happy. Are you happy here?" She asked.

"I am mama. It was weird at the beginning because it's so different from Lisbon but now I don't see myself anywhere else." I stated truthfully.

"I loved this place. I missed being here." She said looking around the beach.

After walking a bit more and then seating by the sea while talking about everything, even the man that broke our family, lunch time arrived and we went to The Wreck to eat.

When we arrived there, Kiara and her parents were already at the table waiting for us so that we could have a family lunch.

After our lunch, me and Kie went to the beach while our parents went to work. The boys were all occupied helping their families so it was going to be a girl's day.

"I saw you with Topper yesterday." I said smirking at her.

"Please don't. I was drunk." She said dismissing it.

"I think you look cute together." I nudged her.

"He's a kook." She rolled her eyes.

"I thought we put the whole kooks versus pogues thing in the past." I stated in a more serious tone.

"Ok but like it's Topper. I don't know, we're supposed to hate him." She sighed.

"But do you hate him?" I questioned.

"No but I should."

"Even the boys are warming up to him. Let things flow and if it leads to a relationship than let it be." I said getting up from the sand.

"Where are you going?" She asked looking up at me confused.

"Swimming." I answered simply.

"Rina, it's so cold." She said looking around at the deserted beach.

"I don't care." I said stripping out of my dress.

"We're going to freeze to death." She replied starting to take off her clothes.

"This is a nice summer day in Portugal, sweetie." I said laughing.

We ran to the water and I dove right in. It was colder than usual in Outer Banks but still way warmer than Lisbon.

"Fuck this is cold." Kie said hugging her sides to warm her up.

"Stop being a pussy! It's really good." I said throwing water at her face.

"The things you make me do." She sighed putting her hair in a bun so that it wouldn't get wet.

"You love me!"

"You're lucky I do."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN A little chapter just bc I needed something to post