fourty

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Saturday. I barely slept last night, worried about what JJ was carrying with him. Why was he so hurt and upset about me going with him to the house? I pushed the questions to the back of my head and went down the flight of stairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning." I greeted once I saw my mom standing in the kitchen with a mug between her hands.

"Good morning." She returned.

There was a awkward silence for a few minutes, none of us wanted to apologize nor knew what say.

"I'm sorry for not telling you what was happening." I took the first step.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you." She replied and we hugged. "Please tell me if you're ever in danger." She whispered in my ear and gave me a kiss on the top of my head.

"I will but please don't worry about me." I said stepping away from the hug to look her in the eyes. "Everything is going to be ok. We will have everything sorted tomorrow." I reassured her.

I could see that she didn't fully believe me and that she was still extremely worried but she chose to disregard it either because she didn't want to fight with me again or because she had to go to work.

I stayed in the kitchen when she got out of the house, to prepare something to eat. I looked at the clock in the walk and it was still 8am meaning that I had a lot of time to kill until Kie wakes up and we go out to do something fun.

I stayed in the living room scrolling through my phone while I ate and some crappy show played in the background. Two hours after, Kie stumbled down the stairs still visibly sleepy.

She prepared some food and sat besides me while we watched the shitty tv show in silence.

"Are you prepared for tomorrow?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I'm ecstatic, I just want to hug them." She answered smiling.

"I'm happy for you." I replied hugging her tightly.

"You're going to love Sarah." She stated. "You and her are going to get along just perfectly!" She continued.

She talked about her 2 friends for awhile, always with a smile on her face. I wish I had someone that missed me like this back home, that talked about me with such admiration and overall I just wanted someone to care about me as much as the pogues care about each other.

Our conversation was interrupted by a text messages from JJ asking me to meet him. I accepted without thinking twice and went upstairs to get ready.

After 30 minutes I was ready and JJ was waiting for me outside. I waved at Kie just before closing the door and walked to the boy that was waiting for me.

"Hey." I said and leaned in to give him a peck on the lips.

"Hey." He replied smiling down at me since I was shorter than him. "Let's talk on the beach, maybe?" He asked and gestures to the beach that was just five minutes of walking away from my house.

"Sure, wherever you feel comfortable." I said and linked our arms walking in the direction of the beach.

We walked in silence and sat side by side still remaining silent. I didn't want to push him to talk because I figured that it was a difficult topic to speak about.

"I don't want this to change the way that you view me." He said, breaking the silence, and looked at me for a few seconds just to turn his gaze to the sand. "I don't pity or.. or.. I don't know. I just don't want you to look at me like I'm broken." He whispered and the I saw the tears starting to build up in his eyes.

"You'll always be the same JJ Maybank to me." I replied and placed my hand on his leg caressing it as a way to give him some comfort.

"I never told you the reason why I live in Pope'a house." He started and I nodded for him to continue. "My mom left when I was a kid, I don't even remember her to be honest." He said and gulped. "But I don't blame her for leaving. I also escaped from that monster as soon as I could." I thought his parents were dead. "My dad beats me, it used to be worst when I was little but I know how to defend myself now." He finally confessed and the tears started to stream down his face.

I studied his face worried that yesterday's visit wasn't as peaceful as I thought it would be but thankfully I didn't find any cuts and bruises.

"I almost killed him last summer. I was so tired of being his punching bag and I pulled the gun to his head but I couldn't shoot even though I wanted to do it so bad." He admitted and by now he was sobbing.

I hugged him as tightly as I could and allowed him to let it all out. I couldn't imagine not having a parent that cared about you deeply and that wanted to protect you from everything. My mom was an amazing woman and I know she would go to the end of the world for me.

"JJ Maybank that just proves to me that you're one of the most strong and beautiful human beings to walk this earth. I'm proud of you for walking out of that abusive environment." I whispered in his ear still trying to comfort him.

"I love you." He whispered.

I didn't know if it was just because of the heat of the moment or if he actually meant it. I pulled away from the hug to look him in the eyes.

"I love you, Rina." He repeated and glued our lips together in a kiss that portrayed all the affection that we felt towards one another.

"I love you, JJ." I whispered once we pulled out of the kiss and remained with out eyes closed and our foreheads together.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Sorry for not posting as much but I've been busy studying for my exams and now I'm on holidays so I had no time to write but here is a new chapter and I haven't revised it so sorry if there are any errors