twenty

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I was pacing back and forth in the living room after assimilating all the information they had just thrown at me.

"You're telling me that the reason why you were after the shipwreck is because it had 400 million bucks in gold?" I asked and the three just nodded in sync. "You found it and then Ward Cameron took it all, boarded it onto a plane and sent it to the Bahamas?" I asked slowly and they just did the same thing. "And now John B and Sarah are there and trying to get it back? This is nuts!" I finalized throwing myself into a chair.

"It pretty much sums it up." Pope responded.

"They said that they would contact us but through what? Another letter? A call?" Kie asked re-reading the message for the hundredth.

"At least they're alright. That's all that matters." Pope said. "You're awfully quiet. What's wrong with you?" He asked turning to JJ that still hasn't said a word since the letter came in.

"I'm just taking it all in." He said shrugging.

I wanted to run to him, hug him and tell him that he was right all along and that John B and Sarah were in fact ok but at the same time my head was telling me to let him be because he hurt me a lot. I could sense that I wasn't the only one that was feeling kind of awkward around him, Kie was obviously avoiding contact with him after he tried to make a move on her last night. The environment in the group wasn't the best.
My phone beeped and I saw that it was Topper.

Everything ok? I never saw you again last night...

Yeah! Just got caught up with something. I'll talk with you later :)

See you :)

"We have to help them and figure out where exactly they are. Imagine that for some reason they can't contact us and we're just sitting here doing nothing? No, I want to feel helpful." Pope said standing up.

"Where do we start? We don't know anything!" Kie said sighing.

"What if we asked Topper for help? He knows the Camerons better than us." I said shrugging.

"No! I don't want him here!" JJ said immediately.

"What? Why? He would be a great ally. He knows a lot of stuff that you don't!" I said frowning at him.

"Rina is right, actually..." Kie said.

"You want to bring him here? If your memory is failing you, he literally threw John B off of the Hawk's nest! He almost killed him." JJ said raising his voice.

"He's different now, ok? He knows he fucked up in the past and is trying to change!" I replied also raising my voice.

"Yeah, go defend your little boyfriend." JJ said rolling his eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I wasn't the one trying to kiss other people!" I screamed at his face. I saw that Pope was taken back by our fight and Kie just looked down.

"Please, let's not fight." Pope said putting himself in between the two of us.

I walked away from them and went and sat with my legs dangling inside the water that was just right after the chateau's backyard. How could he attack me like that and accuse me of being with Topper after what he did last night? And also.. how has my life become so eventful? Back in Portugal I only had to worry about school, parties, cute boys and friendships and after I lost everything and ended up here, I've been dealing with disappearances, prisoners, shipwrecks and bunch of stuff that I still haven't processed correctly.

I saw Kie sitting down next to me and just smiled up at her.

"Don't let JJ get under your skin. He's full of shit." She said and I layed my head on her shoulder.

"I know. I just don't understand how he could accuse me like that after what he did." I said and she grabbed my hand to give me comfort.

"He doesn't think before he speaks. That's his biggest flaw." She said and I hugged her.

"Thank you for being here for me and for pushing him away last night." I said into her hair while we were still in each other's arms.

"I love you, Rina. You're my best-girl-friend." She said pulling away from the hug.

"I love you too." I replied.

"Let's stop with this sappy stuff." She said nudging me. "I think you're right. We should totally ask Topper for help."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I don't know how I feel about this chapter tbh