thirty seven

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"We have everything, when are you coming back?" JJ asked the couple that looked at us through a phone screen.

It was now Sunday and we were all gathered in Kie and I's bedroom on a FaceTime call.

"We have to wait until Sarah turns 18 in January to have the gold in your names." Esme said and the excited environment dropped significantly.

The grins that were plastered all over their faces disappeared. JJ was looking down on his hands and I grabbed one to show him some support.

"But I guess since we have all the paperwork, they can't do anything about it so maybe next weekend they will be there." Esme said noticing the sadness that surrounded the group.

"Next weekend?" Kie squealed excitedly.

"Yeah. I just have to deliver all the paperwork to the police and declare John B and Sarah as found." She said smiling warmly at us.

JJ instantly hugged Pope and Kiara. Topper and I stood kind of awkwardly, I noticed that he was happy so I reached out to him and gave him a hug.

"Do you guys have photos of the gold inside the well and with the gold? It would make it easier to prove that the gold was inside the property." Esme asked.

"I documented everything with a hidden camera." Pope said and everyone turned to him surprised. "What? I wanted to have memories of us discovering the treasure." He added noticing the surprised looks.

"You didn't tell us anything, bro!" JJ adverted him messing his hair.

"You can thank me later." Pope said with a sassy tone.

We sent the pictures to Esme and continued to talk for awhile but eventually we had to hung up.
Once the call ended they all just sat in silence as if trying to take it all in. Their best friends who were presumed dead are coming back. It all seemed unrealistic.

"Is this all actually happening?" Kie asked with a huge grin on her face.
"Hell yeah! They are coming home." JJ jumped up and screamed.

"We thought they were dead a month ago." Pope said with a huge smile.

"Talk for yourself! I never thought they were dead." JJ replied.

We heard the door bell ring and Kie and I became confused. No one was supposed to be home for a couple of hours and nobody really comes by the house.

"Can you see who it is through the window?" Kie asked Topper.

He looked at the driveway of the house and looked back at us quickly, his face became pale and we all noticed that something was wrong.