thirty six

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

We all fell asleep at the chateau after celebrating our win with a call to Sarah and John B and the next morning we were woken up by an aggressive knock on the door.

"What the fuck?" I heard JJ mumble from beside me.

He lifted my head from his chest and went to the window to see who was at the door. He ran back to the living room pretty quickly and made gestures to keep us quiet.

"Rose Cameron may or may not be at the front door looking pretty scary." He whispered.

"How did she know you would be here?" Kie questioned Topper.

"I don't know. Maybe someone told her we were hanging out." Topper said worriedly.

"Rina, should go to the door. She doesn't know her, it might make her leave." Pope suggested.

"But what do I say?" I asked.

"Just invent some story. You're good at lying." He shrugged.

"I don't know if that was a compliment but thank you." I said and walked to the door.

They all went inside one of the rooms and closed the door making as little noise as possible. I breathed a couple of times and rehearsed a story to tell the woman.

"Hello?" I opened the door pretending to be sleepy and confused.

"Hi. Who are you?" She asked confused.

"I should be asking you that. You're standing in my front door." I said trying to seem sweet but threatening at the same time.

"Your front door?" She asked not believing me.

"Yes. My parents just bought this place for me." I said.

Rule number one of lying never give too much information, just enough to answer the people's questions and make them believe your lie.

"Excuse me but who are you?" I asked again.

"Where is the group of teenagers that is always hanging out here? I know you're here!" She spoke a little louder the last part as if to bring them to come out of their hiding spot.

"I really don't know what you're talking about." I said. "Look, I bought this house 2 days ago and you must be mistaking me for the former owner of this place." I pretended to not know John B was presumed dead.

"The former owner is dead." She said coldly. If she believed John B was dead, did she also believe that Sarah was dead?

"Oh! I didn't know that, did you know him? I'm sorry." I replied looking concerned.

"I'm wasting my time here but just know that I'm keeping an eye on you." She said and walked away from the front porch. I closed the door and breathed heavily trying to calm down.

I walked slowly to the living room and saw Topper already pacing back and forth trying to find a way to explain to Rose the reason why he bailed Rafe out.

"You did great!" JJ said welcoming me into a hug. I smiled and snuggled closer to his chest.

"You just have to say that you loved your friend too much and didn't want to see him get locked up." Pope said to Topper.

"For all we know, she doesn't know that you're not friends anymore." Kie backed up Pope's idea.

"I'm not so sure about that. She knows that I hangout with you now." He said messing with his hair, a nervous tick I noticed he had.

"She's not sure about it." I meddled. "If she was sure, she would just barge in the house and find you but she didn't." I finished.

"Rina is right." JJ said. "If she asks you if you hangout with us you just deny, deny, deny. You hear me?" He asked Topper who just nodded affirmatively. "It's less suspicious if she doesn't know that you get along with us." He explained.

We all decided that it was better if we started to hangout in more secluded places so that no one would suspect what we were doing. From now on we could only hangout together in places where no one eles was.

After discussing our strategy, we were going to our own homes and live the rest of the weekend like nothing happened but, before they all left, I went and checked to see if Rose was still there spying on us. Luckily, she was nowhere to be found and we were able to get out of the chateau calmly and without being seen together by the woman that could ruin our whole plan.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Sorry for not updating the story for a few days :/