twenty one

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Kie was parking her car outside Pope's  place because he had asked me to help  him studying. I was honored because he was so smart and asking for my help so I came as soon as I could. He promised me JJ was on his shift at the boat store because I told him that I would only go if I didn't have to cross paths with the blonde.

"I have to say I'm surprised that you asked me for help. You're so fucking smart and-" I said but stopped as soon as I realized that it wasn't Pope who was in the living room.

As soon as I looked up at the boy sitting in the couch, I turned my back on him and walked to the door ready to leave but it was locked.

"What the fuck?" I said banging on the door and trying my hardest to open it.

"It's not gonna move. Kie and Pope had this idea because we need to be on the same page while trying to figure out where John B and Sarah are and I accepted. "JJ said walking in my direction stoping when he was just a few steps away from me.

"Why would you do that?" I asked stepping further away from him.

"Because I need to talk to you and you've been ignoring me for this past week!" He said passing his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner.

"Well I've been avoiding you for a good reason." I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"I know, ok? I know! Just listen to me." He said taking another step closer to me.

"I don't really have an option here." I replied rolling my eyes. He sighed and moved to the sofa, sitting there. I hesitantly walked a little closer to him but still a few feet away from him.

"That day on the beach I was pissed, alright? You were with Topper and-" he started but I cut him off with a snort.

"I thought this would be at least a decent explanation. I mean.. I'm talking with a friend and you go and try to kiss my best friend." I spoke. "That just makes so much sense. Why didn't you say that sooner?" I asked ironically.

"I know. I'm stupid and dumb and whatever. I act out of anger and jealousy and I do dumb shit all the time." He told me looking me right in the eyes. "I don't think before I do stuff and then I regret it and do more stupid shit and it's circle of me fucking up." He finalized and I could see he wasn't just talking about us.

His eyes were glossy and I could see he was on the verge of tears. I wanted to keep my  stern posture but seeing him like that was breaking my heart.

"Look, I know I was a huge asshole and I don't deserve to be forgiven but I can't lose you. You've become such a big part of my life and I want you to stay in it, at least as a friend." He said and I sigh.

"I just don't understand why you would do that with Kie.." I whispered. He did what he did out of anger. Ok. Not smart but ok. But why would he do it with her?

"I just knew that it would piss you off more if it was with her. It would affect you more." He said shrugging.

I sighed and thought for a second. I didn't want to lose any of them as they were my best, and only, friends and I knew that this awkward environment between me and JJ would ruin our friendship so the best would be to try and forget about it and him.

"I guess we can still be friends and I'll try to not think about the shit you did." I said forcing a smile at him.

"That's all I needed to hear." He answered engulfing me in a hug.

Once we separated, we just stood there looking at each other. I knew the tension wasn't just going to disappear and my feelings for him were still very strong but I couldn't let him play me and then just pretend like he didn't hurt me, a lot.

"So.. can we get out of here now?" I said stepping away from him. I saw the flash of disappointment on his face but just as fast as it came, it disappeared.

After a quick call to Kie saying that we were cool with each other, they picked us up and we were now arriving at the beach.

"So what's the plan to figuring all of this out?" Pope asked.

"We know that they are in Nassau and we know Sarah has a family house there. Maybe we could find out where that is.." Kie suggested.

"How do we do that?" Pope asked.
"We could talk to Rafe, he is awaiting trial, it's not like he will tell anybody that we questioned him." JJ shrugged.

"He was moved to a different station a few weeks ago." I told them.

"How do you know that?" Pope asked. I eyed Kie as she was the only one who knew about me visiting Rafe with Topper. She nodded in an encouraging way.

"Me and Topper visited him right before they moved him." I said hesitantly, afraid of the boys reactions. I saw Pope frown a bit and JJ just rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"How cute." I heard JJ mumble under his breath.

"So.. unless you're getting on a ferry, you can't really visit him." I said after clearing my throat, deciding on ignoring Jj's snarky comment.

"More ideas?" Pope asked. And that's how we spent our afternoon, brainstorming ideas on how to find the couple that has been missing for exactly three months.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I think the idea of this chapter was kinda good but I didn't execute it the best way :/ sorry for that