twenty three

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

We were parked a few feet away from the huge mansion. We knew that there was a guard in their backyard that was connected to the marsh so the plan was that I would go and call the guard to the gates and Pope and JJ would get in and then, once they were done, Kie would call the guard back to the gate so that they could get out.

"You can do this, Rina! Just act normal." Pope said giving me a pat on the back.

"John B's creepy van was better for this type of things. Getting in the car seats now is way harder." JJ said jumping out of the car. "Look who I brought with me." JJ added dangling a gun in his hand. They didn't mention bringing a gun. God! They didn't even mention they owned a gun.

"What the fuck, Jj? I thought you got rid of that!" Kie said trying to take it away from him.

"How the hell do you own a gun?" I asked getting more nervous about this whole thing.

"That's a story for another tome. We have to go. Bye." JJ said quickly and immediately walked off to the marsh.

"Do you want to explain or..?" I asked Kie.

"Long story but he basically stole it from Mr. Grubbs hotel room." She said slumping down on her seat.

"Ok. Not sketchy at all." I said ironically. I heard the sound of my phone and I knew it was time for me to get in action.

"Good luck." Kie said right before I walked to the gates.

I walked a few feet to the railings that were all around the house and pressed the little door bell. I took the container with cookies that I had brought with me and patiently waited for the guard to arrive.

"Hello. Can I help you?" The man asked towering over me. He was scary.

"Hi! I'm new to the neighborhood and my mom sent me to drop off this cookies to the neighbors." I said with my best fake smile and innocent voice.

"The owners of the house aren't here." He said with a nicer tone than before.

"Oh.. when will they be back? Maybe I can just leave the cookies with you and you'll deliver them." I said passing him the big container filled with butter cookies.

"I don't have that information so it might be in a few weeks or a few months." He replied shrugging.

"The cookies will be old by then. Why don't you keep the cookies?" I suggested smiling.

"That's very nice of you Miss.." he said and motioned as if to tell me to say my name. I decided on a fake name because I was afraid of getting caught.

"Julie." I said. Why Julie? What?

"It was nice to meet you." He said and turned around walking back to his post.

I walked back to Kie's car slowly and breathed like a thousand times to keep myself from freaking out. This was the most illegal thing I've done ever.

"How did it go?" She asked as soon as I opened the door to the passenger seat.

"Good, he definitely believed it." I said  leaning back on my seat.

"You were talking with him for like 15 minutes so you definitely bought them enough time to get in the house." She told me looking at her phone still waiting for a text from either of the guys.

After a few seconds of both of us looking at her phone anticipating the worst, she got a brief text from JJ saying "We're in". We celebrated with a little hug and started preparing Kie for her intervention.

She was supposed to walk there and pretend to have fallen off of her bike while passing by the house. The guy was kind of oblivious so it was almost certainly going to work. We waited for around half an hour before getting a text from JJ saying "Go".

"Good luck." I said to Kie before she strolled to the gate with her bike in her hand.

I layed there thinking of the consequences of getting caught. We would definitely go to jail. We were all younger than 18, me being 16 and them 17, so we would probably end up in a juvenile detention center.

I stopped my thoughts not wanting to be more freaked out than what I already was and decided to think about my birthday that was coming up in 2 weeks. Being born the day before Halloween wasn't the greatest but I was still exited for it. Normally I would give a huge house party, celebrating both my birthday and the holiday. This year, I didn't know what I was going to do. My life was really complicated and I wasn't sure if any of my friends even knew when my birthday was.

"That was freaking awesome!" JJ said throwing himself in the backseats.

"You almost got us caught just to admire the pool!" Pope replied sighing.

"It was a nice pool, though." JJ responded playfully.

"All here?" Kie asked as soon as she stepped inside the car. "Was it successful?" She questioned again.

"We got this files about their houses. Hopefully it's here." Pope said showing us a beige folder.

"It's late. Tomorrow after school at the chateau to check out our findings?" Kie asked driving us in the direction of the cut.

"Fine but I'm going to be dreaming about this." JJ answered.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Jsbdkdnfkdh Do you like it?