fourteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

It's been a week since me and Topper visited Rafe in the police station, we grew really close but agreed that the feelings we had towards each other were not romantic and we were better off as friends. It's also been a week since JJ started ignoring me. I never met someone that was as good as him at ignoring people. No matter what I say or do he won't listen.

I was at Pope's place while he helped me with some Math homework.

"Everything is right. You catch up fast." Pope said giving me a high five.
"I mean, I was top of my class in Portugal." I answered boasting me.

He laughed a little but our conversation was interrupted by JJ arriving home from a shift at a local boat shop.

"I'm going to go home. Thanks Pope." I said and started to quickly gather my school supplies into my backpack.

Once I stood up ready to leave, Mr Heyward abruptly entered the room.

"Kids I need to talk to you, please sit down." He said. I said a quick bye while grabbing my backpack, ready to leave. "You should listen as well. Call Kiara and tell her to come here." I nodded and sat next to JJ on the couch dialing Kie's number.

After 15 minutes, Kie arrived and we were now staring at Mr. Heyward waiting for him to tell us the important news.

"I don't know how to tell you this." He said but stopped himself to look at his hands.

"Dad, just tell us. You're scaring us." Pope said.

"They're declaring John B dead. I tried to stop them but I'm not family so I don't have a say in that." Mr. Heyward said and that was like a dagger to the pogues' chests. How could they believe that he was still out there when he was legally a dead person.

"What? No! They can't do that!" JJ said standing up. I could see his arms tensed because of the pain and the rage. Kie and Pope hugged each other but I didn't see any tears, I guess it was just a matter of time until this happened and they knew it. "What about Sarah? Are they also pronouncing her dead?" JJ asked pacing back and forth.

"No because Rose didn't allow it." Heyward answered. That set JJ off. He punched the wall a dozen of times and then leaned in resting his head against it.

"That's not fair! John B doesn't have any family." He mumbled against the wall.

I walked towards him and carefully placed my hand on his shoulder to try and turn him towards me. I saw that he wasn't going to do it so I just hugged his torso while he still had his back turned on me. I felt him sigh and slowly he turned to me and hugged me back. His body was trembling with rage so I started to pass my hands through his hair to calm him down. We stood there for a while, I was just hearing his heart beat while caressing his head and he had his head buried in the crook of my neck.

Once we finally separated from each other, we noticed that we were alone in the room. I looked at the boy in front of me while I still had my arms hanging on his shoulders. We remained in silence just looking at each other but I felt the proximity between us decrease every second. He grabbed my face with a hand in each of my cheeks and finally connected our lips.

The kiss began to get heated, one of his hands slid down onto my waist and the other grabbed my neck gently. I put my hand on the inside of his shirt and went up and down his stomach feeling his toned abs. We were startled by someone walking into the room and separated quickly only to be met with Kie and Pope, both with a huge grin on their faces. They came to us and hugged us not touching the subject about what they had just seen.

After another emotional moment, we decided to go to the beach to watch the sunset. It was completely empty as it was a school night. We sat there without saying a word just appreciating the breathtaking view in front of us.

"If they're still treating Sarah as a missing person than there's hope that they're still looking, right?" Kiara said breaking the silence.

"They are out there and they are together. Maybe they can't come home or maybe they don't want to but I know that we did not go through all of that last summer just for them to die." JJ stated and layed his head on my shoulder, making me unconsciously play with his messy blonde hair.

"We will find them." Pope said.

For the first time all of them seemed positive that they were going to be reunited with their friends.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Do you guys think I'm moving too quickly? Do you think I should have explored her and Topper's relationship more?