twenty eight

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Me and Kie were getting ready for Topper's party. They take Halloween way seriously here so I tried to have the best costume that I could think of in the short period of time that I had.

"Is this good enough?" I questioned Kie while adjusting the blond wig on my head.

"You look amazing!" She answered coming closer to inspect my look.

"Is the fake blood too much?" I asked starting to doubt my outfit choice.

"What? No! It's perfect!" She replied.

"You look really good too!" I said and grabbed her hand so that she could give a little twirl.

"Oh stop it! You're making me blush." She said playfully.

We drove to Topper's house and parked the car. As unbelievable as it seems, JJ and Pope came earlier to help Topper set up the party.

The music could be heard from inside the car and I wondered how the neighbors hadn't called the cops yet. The gate was already opened so Kie and I walked to the house side by side and entered the property.

Once inside, I took a moment to admire the mansion that I was in. My house back in Portugal was big but this house was 3 times as big.
It was only nine thirty so most of the people hadn't arrived yet.

"Hey guys!" I greeted the boys once I saw them in the kitchen. I put down the bags with candy in the counter and then gave a quick hug to each one of them.

"That costume is so cool! Kill Bill?" JJ asked.

"Yeah! This was my costume last year but I added some fake blood." I replied showing the poorly executed blood stains.

We continued talking as a group and eventually Kelce joined the conversation. It was nice seeing them put aside the whole kooks vs pogues thing.

Once it hit eleven pm, the house was packed. Everybody was dancing and having a good time. I was dancing with Kie while JJ smoked outside and Pope was somewhere catching some air.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." Kie whispered in my ear.

I nodded and continued to dance but soon grew tired of being there alone. I stepped aside and sat on one of the few free couches. I looked at my phone and it marked 11:56. Four minutes before I turn 17. I was having such a great time that I even forgot about my own birthday. I wasn't expecting anyone to know about it so I wasn't going to be sad if no one congratulates me.

I snapped out of my thoughts once the music stopped abruptly and the few lights that were on, were turned off. Everybody started booing and it was just a mess of annoyed people talking.

In a few seconds I saw someone carrying a cake with candles from the kitchen singing happy birthday and I couldn't contain my tears of joy. Kie was holding the cake and the boys came behind her holding confetti cannons and champagne bottles. After a few seconds everyone in the party was singing and they had reached me. Once the song was over, I blew out the candles and hugged my friends after Kie put down the cake.

"How did you guys know it was my birthday?" I asked

"Did you seriously think that your mom wouldn't tell me and my parents when your birthday is? That's all she has been talking about!" Kie answered. I laughed and hugged her again.

The boys were involved in their own conversation while munching on the cake.

"How did you come up with this idea?" I questioned.

"This was all JJ. He gave the idea of having a surprise party during Topper's Halloween party." She said and I smiled at the boy that had his back turned on me.

"I'm going to go talk with him." I said and walked up to the boys.

I motioned to Topper and Pope to leave us alone because they were facing me and once JJ was left alone, I hugged him from behind. He was bit startled and spilled a little bit of his champagne.

"Thank you so much for this." I whispered in his ear.

I saw the goosebumps on the skin of his neck and smiled because of the affect I had on me.

"Anything for you, amor." He replied turning towards me and placing his hands on my hips.

"I don't think you know how much this means to me." I stated.

We were talking in each other's ears as it was the only way to properly have a conversation amidst the loud music.

"I know. It's your first birthday away from home and without your father." He said and cupped my face on his hands, stroking my cheek. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the affection.

"Thank you." I whispered again with my eyes closed.

"You don't have to thank me. Let's enjoy your birthday party." He said and pulled me towards the improvised dance floor.

We started dancing to Rules by Doja Cat but once that song ended, a slow ballad started and me and JJ stepped closer to each other. I put my arms around his neck and started to play with the ends of his hair and he circuled my waist drawing circles with his thumb in the end of my back.

"You smell good." I whispered after laying my head on the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry for everything, Rina." He said pulling me even closer.

"Please, let's not talk about that. We're starting on a clean sheet so we're cool." I answered looking up at him. He nodded and leaned in to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"Uh... when did that happen?" JJ asked looking at something behind me.

I turned and saw Topper and Kie dancing glued to each other while they talked and laughed.

"I don't know but they're cute."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I had to add Doja Cat bc I'm seriously obsessed with that song :))))