seven

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

It was now Wednesday, the only day that I was by myself during lunch break. I sat alone in one of the cafeteria tables, peacefully eating my tuna sandwich. Two girls approached my table, I recognized the curly haired brunette from my Chemistry class.

"Hey, you're Marina, right?" My classmate asked.

"Uh yeah.. Hi! I don't really remember your name.." I answered with an apologetic look.

"It's fine. I'm Bailey!" She introduced herself. "And this is Kat" I smiled at them and continued to eat my lunch. I couldn't stop thinking about how awkward I was acting towards them but my social skills weren't the greatest.

"So.. How do you know Kiara and the boys?" Kat asked dragging the o in so.

I knew this was coming. The guys seemed to be either feared or looked up by pretty much the whole school and it was only time until someone decided to approach me to talk about them.

"Kiara is my cousin." I replied dryly. I just wanted to eat peacefully. Is it too much to ask?

"Oh that makes sense.. they don't really talk with people outside of their friend group since what happened last summer." She answered.

The mention of last summer caught my attention and I think they noticed by the way I quickly looked up as soon as she finished her sentence.

"You don't know what happened last summer!? Oh my god!" Bailey said completely shocked. I just shrugged. I was very curious but if they hadn't told me, it's because they weren't ready to talk about it.

"We know everything! It's what everybody is talking about ever since it happened. We can tell if you want." Kat said seeming excited. Are they happy about talking whatever tragedy happened? These girls need therapy.

"Look I don't care, ok? And you shouldn't be openly talking about this because a lot of people got hurt. Badly." I said standing up and turning my back on the girls. How can someone be that cruel?!

I walked home because Kie's classes finished earlier than mine and I didn't want her to get bored waiting for me. On my walk home I passed a pretty park that I had never been to. I decided to go look around since I've never really been there. After wondering through the grass for a while, I decided to head home.

"Hey!" Someone calls from behind me when I had just stepped out of the park. I turn around to meet Topper waving at me. I didn't know what to do... is he one of the good or bad guys? "I know we started on the wrong foot and I'm sorry for that." He said.

"It's fine" I said shrugging it off.

"I was thinking maybe you'd like to hang out sometime. If you don't want I totally understand and it's fine." He said seeming kind of nervous. I needed to make new friends but I wasn't sure if he was the right choice.

"Uh sure, why not?" I said smiling at him for the first time.

"Really?" He asked seeming surprised. I bit my lip and nodded. "Ok, cool. Give me your number and I'll text you one of these days."

After exchanging phone numbers and saying or goodbyes we started walking in different directions. He entered a huge house right next to the park and I continued my walk home. I felt weird about his. I didn't know if my friends hated him or not. He seemed genuinely sorry about the incident but I barely knew him so he could be faking it. I grabbed my earphones and played some music as a way to drown out my thoughts.

Once I got home, I noticed Kie was out. Probably hanging out with Pope and JJ. I set my backpack on my bed and decided to start doing some school work.

"What's up?" Kie asked as soon as she walked in the room an hour after I started studying.

"Just studying. What about you?" I replied closing my books.

"I went out with Pope." She said biting her lip.

"Alone?" I asked and she just nodded. "I'm so happy for you! Did you talk about the kiss?" I asked putting my books away so that she could sit next to me on my bed.

She went on a ramble about how her date went and how they decided to stay just friends because after the kiss stuff just got weird.

"I kind of have to tell you something." I said once she stoped talking. "I mean.. I don't know it it's a big deal or not" I said but she cut me off.

"Just tell me Rina" she said laughing slightly.

"Topper asked for my number today." I said and waited for a reaction from her.

"Topper? As in the guy that yelled at you in the party? Did you give it to him?" Kie asked. She didn't seem mad just confused.

"Uh yeah. He said he was sorry and seemed to be telling the truth." I said putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I just thought I should tell you because he kind of asked me out." I said and once again waited for her reaction.

"What? He asked you out? What did you say?" She said seeming shocked.
"I mean it was more of a "we should hang out sometime" kind of thing" I answered.

"Did you say yes?" She questioned frowning a little bit.

"Yes(?)" I answered in a questioning manner.

" I don't know what to say.. he's not always a good guy. Just promise me you'll be careful with him." She said looking worried. I nodded and smiled. "And what about JJ? I thought you guys were getting along.." she said and her facial expression completely changed to a provocative one.

"Yes. As friends." I answered laughing and pushing her lightly.

"Just admit that you have a crush on him." She said and I stayed quiet for a little. "I knew it!" She screamed and through herself on top of me.

We started having a play fight while laughing our asses off. I missed having someone to gossip about boys with.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

*。・゚✫*