nineteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I woke up the next morning a little disoriented. I got out of the room and looked at the pullout couch seeing JJ still fast asleep. I decided to get him a cup of water and an Advil that I always keep in my purse. I put that down on the table next to the couch and go back to the room not wanting to be there when he wakes up.

I laid on the bed scrolling through my Instagram. I didn't want to bother Kie because she was always driving me around and I felt bad to disrupt whatever she was doing.

After a while of doing nothing and just wasting my mobile data, I heard noise coming from the other room. I didn't have the courage to face him after what he did last night so I just stayed in bed while trying to hear what he was doing

"What the fuck?" I heard him say and then a little shuffling as if he had just gotten up.

I heard the sound of the cup being placed back in the table and then his footsteps getting closer, I knew he was about to open the door so I just adverted my gaze back to my phone as if I wasn't paying attention to him. He walked in the room and I looked at him with a bitchy face.

"What happened last night?" He asked still looking at his hands without looking at me.

"I don't know. You tell me." I said coldly. As soon as he heard my voice, he looked up seeming surprised by my presence.

"What are you talking about?" He asked playing dumb.

"Well let's see. You tried to kiss Kie, than you got drunk as fuck and I had to drag you here because the cops busted the party." I said smiling ironically.

"Thank you." He said in a whisper.

"Whatever. It's not a big deal." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry. Let me explain." He pleaded sitting at the end of the bed.

"There's nothing to explain. We're not dating, right? You made that very clear." I said harshly.

"Just hear me out." He asked.

"I don't want to hear some stupid excuse that you just made up, ok? You fucked up. Own up to it." I said raising my voice at him.

"Rina, I-" He was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing so I just grabbed it and walked out of the room to take the call.

"Hey." I said as soon as I picked up.

"Hey. Do you want me to pick you up?" Kie asked.

"Please! Bring me a change of clothes. I smell like weed and beer." I said after inhaling the odor of my top.

"Ok. Give me 10 minutes and I'll be there. Pope is with me by the way." She said right before hanging up.

I walked out to the front porch and sat there looking at the boat that stood in front of me. I knew everything was too good to be true. I got here and instantly made such good friends and a cute guy with an amazing personality started to like me? It was just a matter of time until everything came crumbling down. I'm pretty sure that my friendship with the group would become weird after this because, even though he was the one in the wrong, they're friends with him for a way longer time so it was obvious that they would choose him.

"Earth to Rina." Kie said waving her arms in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was just lost in my own thoughts." I said chuckling.

"I could see that." She said and gave me her hand to help me stand up from the steps of the porch.

"Guys, there's a letter in the mail." Pope said coming in the house behind us.

"Just open it." JJ said coming from the bedroom I slept on.

Pope started to open it slowly so that he wouldn't rip the envelope but was stopped by JJ who took the envelope from his hands and ripped it open quickly.

"Did you even see from who it was?" I asked.

"Here says it's from Nassau but doesn't have a name." He said after flipping the envelope.

He took out the paper and read it:

We're ok. The gold is here. We will try to get in contact with you. We love you guys.

Vlad and Val

They stayed completely silent. The gold?

"Who's Val and Vlad?" I asked letting my curiosity take over.

"Sarah and John B."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Usually I do one event or one day per chapter but, this time, I wanted to leave you with a little suspense so next chapter will continue the events of this day.
Let the gold adventure restart :)))