thirty one

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Once we arrived in Virginia Beach, JJ and I walked hand in hand through the busy streets. He told me how he knew this city because of a school trip and how he thought it was perfect for a first date. He led me to a beautiful park that had a lake and walked to one of the tables.

"Ok so I brought tuna sandwiches because I know how much you like tuna." He said and took them out of his backpack. "And to drink I have some beer and some coke because I didn't know which one you would be up to drink today." He said placing two beers and one coke on the table.

I smiled up at the boy and hugged him. No one ever made such an effort for me. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach but it didn't even bother me.

"It's perfect." I said in his ear.

We separated slowly and I couldn't help but notice the crimson tone of his cheeks. I thought it was impossible but it made him look even more irresistible. I breathed in before attaching my lips to his. We moved slowly. He sat on the bench pulling me so that I was on his lap. My fingers were caressing his cheek and his were gripping my waist tightly so that I wouldn't fall. After around a minute or two we separated and just stood there looking into each other's eyes with large smiles on our faces.

"You're perfect." He said stroking my cheek. His stomach made a noise and we both started to laugh uncontrollably. "I would love to continue to be like this but my tummy isn't cooperating." He said and I stepped off of his lap still laughing.

We ate amidst some jokes and other topics of conversation.

"Now for dessert I brought your favorite fruit." He stated and made a dramatic pause. "Cherries ." He said pulling out the container filled with delicious looking cherries.

"Where did you get this? They were sold out in the whole island." I questioned reaching to take one of the cherries.

"Don't underestimate the power Heyward has." He answered winking.

We finished eating and then he took me on a walk around the beautiful park.

"This is the best date I've ever been on." I said smiling up at the boy that had his arm around my shoulders.

"And I still have so many things planned." He replied bending down to kiss my forehead. "This is my first date ever, actually." He added.

"What? Are you serious?" I questioned looking up at him.

"I never really had anything serious with a girl. It was only meaningless hookups." He shrugged.

"Now I feel special." I said laughing.

"You are special." He smiled down at me.

We walked around the park for a bit more before he took me to our next activity. We rode a bus until we got to the Virginia Aquarium. He knew how much I loved nature and animals and I could see that he took that into consideration. My heart melted just thinking about how much work and effort he put into our date.

"Two tickets please." He said to the cashier while taking his wallet from his back pocket. I stopped him and handed the man the money.

"You already paid for too many things." I said and grabbed the tickets and pulling JJ by his hand with me.

"I invited so I'm supposed to be the one who pays." He pointed out.

"I think that's just stupid. I paid so now shut up." I said and we entered the exhibition.

We visited every corner of the Aquarium and asked some other tourists to take pictures of us. He was being the sweetest but of course he still made his flirty but funny comments that I always loved.
We left the Aquarium and it was already 5:30 pm so I thought that that was our final destination but, once again, the boy surprised me by taking me to the fair that was happening a few blocks down.

"You keep surprising me." I said after he won a giant teddy bear in one of the fair stalls.

"I hold the record of the target shooting championship back in Outer Banks." He replied proudly.

"There's a competition for that?" I questioned remembering the gun he showed when we went to invade Tannyhill.

"There's a competition for everything." He replied laughing.

We went to a few more fair amusements before heading back to the bus stop and catching the bus back to the docks so that we wouldn't lose our ferry back home.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN It's kind of shitty and cheesy but whatever lol