39

I quickly softened but then I remembered what she did, I retracted my arm away from her grasp.

"Please give me a chance to explain myself"

I instantly debated with myself. Would this lead to more lies? or would this lead to forgiveness? Is it worth a shot? Is this gonna answer all of my questions? Or would there be more hidden secrets?

I groaned in frustrations as questions didn't stop flooding in my mind, almost making me lose my sanity right there and then.

Fuck it.

"Fine, but let's go to my room" Danielle let out a sigh of relief immediately.

"Well I'm not gonna ask you, sit" I mentioned to the bed as I noticed how nervous she is.

I sat on my desk, after removing all the books that have been on the chair, adding them to the huge pyramid pile on the desk. Let's hope this doesn't fall.

After making sure it was secure enough, I turned to look at Danielle whom let out a very deep sigh. Damn, that didn't give me a good feeling.

"I'm sorry" she let out. I shook my head.

"and?" I know I sounded a bit harsh as I saw her flinch from the tone of my voice.

"I was scared"

"of?"

"so many things" this isnt helping.

"like?" I thought she was ready to spill everything? Or was this her apologize?

She took a deep breath and then let out everything "you remind me of her so so much you look almost like her. A-and I don't wanna lose someone so special to me again. I-I can't stand another heartbreak" she left out a sob and even though I didn't get anything she said I quickly jumped beside her pulling her into my arms, holding her like there's no end, showing her that she is safe with me, here in my arms.

"I don't know what you were talking about but one thing I know for sure is that I won't leave your side" I assured her hoping it'd calm her down a bit. I've only seen her this vulnerable once, and I still don't know the reason behind it. Guess this is gonna be a long night and full of electric shocks for me, cause I really do need answers and I don't think I'll last another day without them.

She put her head on my shoulder holding me so tight.

"Girls dinner's ready!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I heard Dani sigh, and I couldn't help but sigh too.

"Are you willing to answer my questions after dinner?" I asked carefully.

Dani sighed again "yeah, I'll try my best" she took a deep breath standing up "I'm sorry again, I shouldn't have lied, but at that moment that was all I could think of" she shook her head "and now I regret it and I really hope you'd forgive me, Ashley"

I looked down, I really wanted to forgive her, but I need to know her reasons first. Also I don't want to seem like the type of person that let people walk over them.

I looked up at her again, to be met with the green now puffy eyes.

"Hey, go wash your face and I'll wait for you downstairs"

She nodded and went to the bathroom.

'I'll wait for you downstairs' what the hell?

I walked down to the kitchen.

"Chicken nuggets?" I sniffed the air. "And grandma's spaghetti?" My mom nodded with a grin " its been too long!" I exclaimed.

"Well, Since your sister don't like spaghetti I decided to make it before she gets back" I instantly groaned at the mention of Hayley. I wish she stays there.

But somewhere inside me, I kinda want her back, just to mess with her and make her life a loving hell.

And I kind of missed my sister. Sure we don't really get along, but we are still sisters.

Dinner was awfully silent as Danielle and mom kept exchange weird looks. It reminds me of when I have the eye-talk with Sam in class.

But I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Ugh I wish I could read minds so bad.

It seems like Danielle was eating slower than normal, and honestly so was I. I was actually scared of all the truth that would be revealed to me. And I didn't feel prepared enough.

Should I wait longer?

Can I wait longer?

Looking closer at it, I didn't wan to last another day without knowing at least a little something.

At least one thing.

It'd be better for both of us. No getting overwhelmed.

Okay that was settled.

But what if I couldn't stop and was eager to know everything even if it had such an affect on me? It won't be so good on my mental health.

I'm afraid, cause if she hid it, that means its something important.

Or maybe its a little thing and she was just exaggerating how my reaction would be?

I mentally groaned, getting frustrated by all these thoughts.

It was becoming too much already.

Never have I ever been put in such situation. It was weird. Everything was weird.

Im mostly the sarcastic positive joking type. I don't want such negative vibes. It makes me cringe.

Even though sometimes I make myself feel depressed just because I missed feeling so sad. I know, crazy but whatever, that's me. I'm crazy and weird.

I sighed as I finished my food. I looked at my mom "I'll be in the room" then I looked at Danielle who nodded.

This is gonna be a little weird night. I feel it already. But maybe it'll end good? Who knows.

-
If you could choose a superpower, what would you choose?

Hope you enjoyed this update. It felt so weird writing this so I don't know if its good :/ I'm so bad at this