40

{Waoh who thought I'd make it to 40 chapters- }

I laid down on the bed, I didn't want to think more, I'm tired of thinking and it'll only confuse me more and scare me more, and I don't wan that, and I can't take that.

I tried my best not to think which led me to making weird noses and covering my ears, then I just started singing and shaking my head constantly trying my best not to think again.

I don't know what happened to me, usually I just never mind and let myself face the situation and just act then.

Because I've never bothered to start imagining situations that could happen, and by situations, I'm talking about the worst situations that could ever happen.

Okay now if Danielle won't come any moment right now I'll either be gone mad or I'll go down the stairs and bring her here forcefully.

My thought were interrupted by the door opening slowly, suddenly I became even more nervous than before, if that was even possible.

A very shaken up Danielle entered the room very very slowly for my own liking.

"Just sit and get this done" I blurted which made her hurry up.

If we were in any other situation I would've laughed at how nervous she was, but then I remembered my state, so I decided to shut my mouth for my own sake.

"I-I dont k-know where to begin" here we go with the stuttering, that isn't a good sign.

"How about I ask questions and you answer them?"

Danielle thought for a but then nodded eagerly.

I nodded my head slowly, I have so many questions but at this moment it seems like a I have none to choose, I just want to start easy.

"Why would you lie about not knowing my family before? And why act this whole time? And were you going to even tell me by yourself?" I Couldn't help but ask many questions at the same time.

She stared at me taking everything in "and you better not lie again" I added in a serious warning tone.

"I.. I was afraid of the questions you may ask" I gave her a puzzled look and mentioned for her to continue "I was afraid to be asked questions about my background, such as family"

"You could've just told me that you don't wanna talk about it"

"I didn't want to upset you or make you think that you can't trust me, or that I can't trust you"

I gave a dry laugh "honey you just proved to me that you can't trust me enough by not telling me this and that I can't trust you after this whole act up" Danielle bowed her head in shame, she seemed to struggle so bad, she bit her lip nervously trying her best not to cry. I suddenly felt bad ams just wanted to comfort her but I had to stay strong and never fall for her games, if its even a game, maybe all of this is just acting? Like what she did my whole life when she met me.

I didn't know what to think, my mind was too stocked to even think properly about the best decision.

Then she broke the silence "I'm adopted" and boom.

My gaze shot towards her "w-what" It was my turn to stutter.

She lowered her head, avoiding my eyes and I instantly felt bad

"Hey, hey, this shouldn't be bothering you! I'm sorry that I reacted that way, I was just... Shocked"

"Sorry" she whispered.

"You.." I took a deep breath taking it in "don't have to be, it wasn't your choice" I squeezed her shoulders as gently as I can.

This made her relax, I couldn't be more grateful. "So, do you have anybody left from you family or..?" I asked carefully.

"I have a sister"

"Claire?" I don't think so cause they don't really look alike, and Claire is too young.

"No" she shook her head "her name's Samantha"

"You two still see each other right?" She nodded with a smile "what happened to her? I mean where is she staying? Did she get adopted too?" At this Danielle got nervous again.

"Uh, uhm, yes she did by another family, and yes we still see each other " I wanted to press more but it was clear that she is struggling badly to tell me only this.

I nodded slowly "okay" she let out a sigh of a relief. "When will I meet her" I spoke teasing a bit, trying my best to make the tension in the room a little thinner.

She mumbled something that I couldn't really catch "uh, can we talk about it another time?"

I nodded my head "You said earlier, before dinner" she got tense, a lot, this time "that I resemble her and that I look like her" I watched her reaction the whole time, and it  seems like she was having a battle with herself.

After a few moment of silence she finally spoke "she is my ex wife" my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Her what?!

-
What's your dream pet? I wish I can have a fox or a wolf honestly.

And yes all of this story was planned before I even chose to start writing it. I just didnt know how to get to it. Anyway I hope you're liking it. Let's hope I won't give up on it as I already have thoughts of doing so.

Phew the tension and all.. This is so hard to write.