41

Before I start this chapter. Y'all are wild. This quarantine really really did you bad. HOW TF DID YALL COME UP WITH THE EX WIFE IS THE SISTER THING?! THATS CRAZY. I WOULD NEVER WRITE SUCH THING. EW.

K back to the story.

After a few moment of silence she finally spoke "she is my ex wife" my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Her what?!

I blinked multiple times at her as her face remained emotionless, cold and stone. I had so many questions one of them why the hell doesnt she have any expression on her face?! And the others obviously revolve Aroud this wife thing.

"What?" I tried to make it sound like I still have my shit together but it came out as a squeal.

"What you heard" she said so calmly and bluntly that it made me freak out even more. How could she be that calm?

"H-how..?"

"We broke up?" I nodded eagerly "she died" her bluntness made me gulp so hard, I stared at her wide eyed.

My mouth was hang open, she was still so calm about it, as if it didn't affect her at all.

Or maybe she got fed up with being sad and already moved on.

Or the amount of sadness was too much that she couldn't even show it anymore, like she couldn't even feel anymore.

Like she was empty.

Right now I was too worried about her. I tried opening my mouth, but then I remembered it was already open, so I just tried to form words. My heart is beating so fast and my mind was racing with thoughts making it so hard to make any task or move or even talking.

"You wanna know how? Don't you" she had no emotions in her voice. And all I wanted is to shit my pants, go bury myself six feet under. This situation was awkward, scary, full of tension,... Every bad thing collided in it.

I couldn't even move, nod, or shake my head to answer her question so she just got it as a green light to continue "she got shot, right in front of me" 

I felt myself start to shake slightly, what? How? By who? What happened? All these questions were treating to spill but at the same time I couldn't find the courage and bravery to say them. It was becoming too much for me to handle.

All I wanted to do is get up and ran.

But no, that was something I would've done before. But now I changed, I don't run away from my problems anymore. That was in the past.

Also, the state Danielle was in was freaking the hell put of me. She was so blunt, sarcastic almost, emotionless.

But when you look deeper in those eyes, past the coldness in them, you see a war. You see the scenes replaying in them non-stop. You see the hurt, and how much its affecting her.

I swallowed hard trying to keep my shit together, a tear threatening to spill for no reason, I tried holding it back as much as I could while looking at  Danielle in the eye. Those eyes almost had no mercy in them. But I knew better.

This wasn't the Danielle I know. And something for sure that whatever happened really really destroyed her completely.

But there was that little tiny small spark, the spark of hope. The light at the end of the tunnel.

Things didn't end completely for her. And I knew that. She was completely happy before mentioning this subject, back to when we were always seeing each other in either my house or hers, she was happy back then, she had that sparkle in her eye, overpowering every other emotion. Happiness and hope.

And right now my task was to bring the Danielle I know back, cause I'm hundred percent  sure I didn't want to just leave her like this. No, she didn't deserve this. And for the forgiveness part, I guess I can never get mad at her for too long, so you can say that I completely forgave her.

"I know you want to leave and have nothing to do with me right now, so go ahead, you're free to do anything, and I'm sorry for telling you" she didn't mean any word she said, I can tell by the way her eyes couldn't focus on mine and were only focusing on my eyebrows. I shook my head.

I'm going to make you happy again, Danielle, and I'm not letting you go, and I'm not leaving.

I'm getting you back.

-
Are you sleeping more or less than usual?

*me watching two people arguing in the comments of my story*