When you left (George)

Summary- Sam Cooke makes some people sad
Era- 1978 George
——————————————-
——Your POV-

It's pretty long ;) {i'm sorry} : 2,668 words!

I was driving in my car, letting the wind fill my senses with despair.

You see it's been a year since I ended things with my soul mate, George Harrison.

Yes, yes the George Harrison of the Beatles. The charming, sweet, sex-on-legs man, is who I called things off with.

Why? Well because simple, his fame. I know I would never satisfy him, and there would always be another woman.

I couldn't let myself get hurt by him, so I just hurt myself. I remember the night it happened like it was yesterday, which I cannot stand.

I can recall the tears flowing down our cheeks, the rough kisses against the sinks. The shouting and screaming. His pleads and my no's. Or his no's and my pleads. The smell of the pasta burning on the oven still haunted my mind. I still could even taste the salty tears that once ran down my cheeks.

I missed George more than anything in the world. I missed his cologne, I miss our late night conversations about the differences between melancholy and sad, I miss his hair that was much nicer than mine. I missed our intoxicating sex, but most of all, I just missed his personality.

George and I were together from 1959 to 1971. Everyday with him was something out of a fairy tale. It would either be little kisses sporadically placed, or odd complements.

He was too good to me I would always think. He never cheated, never engaged in flirty conversations. Just charming ones. I never caught him with a hand on another girls backside, unlike my dear friend Cynthia did with John. Sometimes he even wrote songs for me. That song Something, being one of those.

We were in the garden, and I was attempting to sway my hips as a flower in the wind. See we were playing my favorite game, charades. George really was never great at it, he wasn't horrible though. He was much better at acting than guessing.

I remember he then spoke, "Something in the way she moves,". He said it as a chuckle with an eye roll. A bit after that, he ended up writing the first parts of the song, or verses. I was never really good with understanding song titles.

The time we began dating was one of- if not the best moment of my life. We were friends, sort of. We were very close at the ages of five until fourteen. Once we got to fourteen we drifted.

My feelings for George began when we were thirteen, he never knew. I never told him nor did I give him any clues. Even though, every day he would try to pressure me into telling him I had a crush, since he did know I liked someone. Thankfully, I never fell for his little cute antics. Well one night my Dad locked me out of the house, I'm still not sure why, probably had some 'company' over. Plus, it was raining, and not just a little drizzle, no a full on massacre of wetness. So I had nowhere to go, but George's. Trust me, I wasn't about to walk to John's flat or Paul's. However, luckily for me it turned out to be a magical night.

I remember knocking on the door, to be greeted by a half naked George. His shirt-probably most likely his dads, was fitting him as a dress. I can even remember how hot I was becoming, due to my eyes flicking down at his legs, since he was only in tight boxers. And from what I could see he was rather large down there.

He asked me what the hell I was doing at his house, so I simply told him the truth. He understood completely. Soon I was in his house of course, walking up the stairs into his bedroom.

I can recall noticing his eyes always finding my breasts. I mean I couldn't blame him, before the age of fourteen I was flatter than an ironing board, but perfect for me, I started 'maturing'. In a few words, it sucked. To only make it more embarrassing, I was wearing a dress that night-a white one. And we all know what happens with a white dress in the rain, it becomes pretty much transparent. So yeah my nude bra was on display for the world to see.