two

"So funny story..." Zane Hijazi spoke as I followed him into the living room, where two other college aged boys sat on the couch playing some video game. "Our new roommate isn't a dude."

The two immediately paused whatever they were doing and turned to stare at me, smiles growing on their faces. The taller one said, "Holy shit."

The smaller one said, "Holy shit."

I said, "I'm Camilla."

They stood, abandoning their headsets to come talk to me. The shorter one said, "Camilla. Hi, Camilla. I'm David. This is Jeff."

"It's nice to meet you both," I smiled. To be honest, I wasn't that shocked that they were boys. I didn't really assume a gender before I came, and I often got along with boys better anyways. Not to be one of those girls who doesn't get along with girls, but guys were always more laidback and easygoing. I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to dress up and look cute all the time. The boys were decent looking, Jeff especially, but I knew I wouldn't want to date any of them. I was an independent woman. "The house isn't too bad."

"Well, we just moved in a few days ago," Jeff laughed. "It probably won't be this pretty for long. You got boxes to bring in?"

"I do," I nodded. "Wanna help me?"

And that's how I swindled three boys into doing all my work for me, desperate to prove they were the strongest and most macho. It was funny, and it only took about an hour to get most of my stuff set up. Because I was the only girl, I ended up getting the master bedroom of the house so I could have my own bathroom. I told them that wasn't necessary, since Zane's things were already halfway unpacked, but they insisted. Another win for Camilla White. It was going to be a good year; it had to be.

"So, Camilla, you got a boyfriend?" Jeff asked once we all relocated to the living room couches to hang out so they could get to know me. I learned that they were juniors, all friends already, and their other friend Todd backed out of the fourth room last minute to live with his girlfriend. Respect.

"No, and I'll never have one again," I chuckled.

"Oh, you're gay? That's dope," Zane nodded, sticking out his hand for a fist bump to show solidarity. I accepted the fist bump, but set the record straight.

"I'm not gay. I just got out of a five year relationship with a boy who had been cheating on me for over half of it. Probably the whole time, if I'm being honest," I laughed at the idea so that I wouldn't cry about it. "So I'm not really interested in the male species. All men do is lie."

"That sucks, bro. I'm sorry," David said, and I smiled at him. Out of all the boys, he seemed the nicest. He had a nice face. "Five years is a long ass time."

"Yeah. And I just did everything for him because he always wanted something. So that's annoying, but whatever. I try not to dwell on my wasted time," I shrugged, hoping to put the talk to bed. "What about you guys? Girlfriends?"

"David here has a girl," Jeff patted him on the back to show he was proud. "Me and Zane are playing the field."

"I do not have a girl," David turned his nose up. "She's my friend. Jeff's just jealous because he's in love with her."

"I am not in love with Natalie," Jeff denied with a shake of his head. "Never have been, never will be."

"You can tell he's bullshitting, right?" Zane asked, and I nodded.

"They both are. Lucky Natalie! She gets the attention from both of you!" I joked, and they both rolled their eyes. "When do I get to meet her? I'd love to see what she has to offer."

"Her ass is huge," Zane answered for the group, and I laughed. I figured it was something like that. "We're actually in a bit of trouble right now with Natalie and our other friend Corinna, the girl whose dating Todd."

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrows in fake shock. That was the exact reason that I was friends with more guys. Girls always had some kind of issue going on.

"Natalie was Todd's first girlfriend," Zane said dramatically, pausing so I could gasp. "Yeah. They've been in a fist fight, and Natalie's really not happy that they moved in together."

"Wait, they actually fought? That's kind of dope. I respect it."

"It was more like three swings at a party before Todd pulled Corinna away, but yeah," David laughed. "He's lucky he did. Natalie would've kicked her ass. Corinna's tiny. Natalie lifts weights and shit."

"I just don't get that. Todd and Natalie broke up for a reason. Why fight a bitch over him? Haven't even met him, but I can tell he's probably not worth the energy," I told them, watching them all laugh at my bluntness.

"They were friends before. That's what makes it shitty. You didn't want to fight the girl your boyfriend was cheating with?" Jeff asked.

"No," I shrugged. "It wasn't her fault. Neither of us knew. Did Todd cheat on Natalie with Corinna?"

It was dead silent, which answered my question.

"That is shitty, if she knew they were dating. Yeah, I'd kick her fucking scrawny ass," I joked, though it wasn't necessarily a joke. "Damn, I already hate two of your friends. You need to stop telling me all their secrets."

"Trust me, it stops being a secret the second you meet Natalie. She's got a loud mouth. David keeps her shit together," Zane explained. "You know, you kind of remind me of her. You look like you don't take shit from anyone."

"I try not to anymore," I said. "I did it for way too long. Maybe we'll be friends."

"Or you'll be way too alike and hate each other," Jeff proposed, and I glared at him for killing my optimism. "Sorry. But it could happen. Then we'd really have a disaster on our hands."

"We'd need all hands on deck at every single party just to keep those three separated."

"You don't have to worry about me. As long as nobody's talking shit, I'm not gonna fight. It's really not worth the case. Brandon, my ex boyfriend, told me he called the cops on me for breaking and entering when I went to get my stuff, and I had to talk to, like, four different police officers and cry in front of all of them before they eventually just let me go," I laughed at the memory. It wasn't too hard to cry, since all that happened the same week that I found out he cheated. "He dropped the charges, but I just never want to sit in a police station for an entire day again."

"Damn, our roommate is more badass than all of us combined," Jeff raised his eyebrows. "I think we're gonna have fun with you, Camilla. I really do."

Can yall tell who my favorite vlog squad members are based on the ones that actually get included in my books bc I SURE CAN LMAO

Ps i pronounce camilla cuh-mill-uh not like cuh-meel-a but pronounce it however u want!!! Shes just gonna get called Milla or Millie a lot so it makes more sense pronounced my way

Also comment ur fav pretty girls for a face claim!! I lowkey have someone in mind but im not 100% sure yet so