ten

"Don't make me go," I whined to Jeff, who came knocking a little too happily on my door in his usual workout attire. "I'm sleepy."

Usually, I was the one dragging him out the door. I liked having a gym buddy, especially one who was an intimidating male, because it meant creeps stayed away from me. Today was not my day. Though my grade wasn't in yet, I was positive I failed a test and spent the rest of my afternoon after I returned home wallowing away my sorrows in Tabasco cheese-its and Bad Girls Club.

"You ate that entire box of cheese-its and think I'm not gonna make you run?" he stared at me like I was crazy. "Do I need to whip out the picture?"

The picture he was referring to was one we took at the bar one night. I was a little too drunk and taking a break on Zane's lap, slumped over. Though I looked horrible with sweaty hair and crazy eyes, the only thing I noticed was how I was legitimately bulging out of the sides of my jeans.

Jeff and I were regulars at the gym, but my diet had got far worse since moving. I was gaining the weight that I had lost to spite Brandon, and I hated that. I cried about the picture the next morning, and Jeff, being a male with apparently no empathy in his body, told me he'd show it to me every time I wanted to skip out on him.

Since that sad morning two weeks ago, he had kept that promise. I seriously was going to murder him with the muscle mass I gained at the gym. I was just waiting for the right moment.

The gym wasn't too bad, once we got going. Zane even offered to come with us, which always made it more fun. I was more of a cardio person, and Jeff always wanted to force me to lift weights. When Zane was there, he usually left us alone to do our own thing, knowing the both of us would never in a million years pay attention to him.

I was forced to eat a salad with disgusting unseasoned grilled chicken for dinner, which should've been considered a hate crime. My mexican birth mom (who left me in a box outside of a Catholic church as a baby) would slap me in the face if she cared about me even a little bit.

That weekend, we refused to go to the bars. We were becoming too much of regulars, legitimately out every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. I was running out of outfits and we had a house at our disposal, a house that we had yet to ruin in over a month of living there. It was about time we had every one of our friends over to drink and have fun in a safe space where I could wear sweats without being judged.

So that's how we all ended up very drunk, crowded into our living room, screaming as we played Mario Kart.

"Go talk to Matt," David instructed, noticing I was sitting alone, not really paying attention to the game or anyone around me. Matt, the boy I had met at the bar a few weeks ago, had actually become a friend of mine. We didn't really talk asides from hellos passing each other on campus and at the bar, but he was nice and always bought me drinks. He and his friend Scott and Scott's girlfriend Kristen all got invited that night.

"Why?" I asked, a little too drunk to function in a conversation.

"You've been going back and forth with him for like three weeks. Aren't you going to have sex with him?" he asked like I was stupid, and I blushed. David was, without a doubt, my most blunt roommate, and alcohol only made him worse.

"I don't know," I shrugged, trying to act casual. "I don't think I can."

"What do you mean?"

"I've never done anything with anyone besides my ex-boyfriend," I admitted. "I just don't think I can do that with someone random. I feel bad. I'm not trying to lead him on or anything."

"You aren't leading him on. I just don't get why he hasn't given up on you yet. He probably spends at least a hundred bucks on you every weekend."

"I guess I'm just too pretty to give up on," I laughed, and David shrugged, not getting that I was joking.

"Maybe. I don't understand. You're really weird. Are you weird with him?" he looked so casual, so I knew he wasn't joking.

"I am not weird."

"You're a little odd," he laughed. "I mean, you're funny. You're just weird. I can't tell if you're normal around other people."

"I'm normal around you!" my jaw dropped, angry that he was offending me. "You're literally so mean to me. I am so nice to you, and here you are, calling me weird. I should just kill you in your sleep."

"You'll have to beat the ghost in my room. Natalie saw the closet door move," he told me. "It's the real deal now. Someone else has confirmed a ghost sighting."

"Nat was probably drunk off her ass if she was in your room with you," I joked.

"Not even true. Natalie loves me deep down."

"I think she loves anyone who gives her attention," I said. "You're just one of her hoes, Davey. She uses and abuses you."

"I don't have a problem with it," he smirked, shrugging. "I don't get girlfriends, so it works for me."

"Oh, you too cool for a girlfriend?" I raised my eyebrows, his cocky attitude throwing me off. He was always a little cocky, but his drunk self was too hard to talk to sometimes.

"I'm not too cool," he rolled his eyes. "I just don't get the point of having a girlfriend. You can get everything good from a relationship without actually having to be in a relationship."

"You can't get love and affection," I countered.

"Yes, you can. And how would you know? Your boyfriend hated you the entire time you were together."

He looked like he felt bad the moment it left his mouth, but I was too angry to accept his apologetic face. I didn't care about the couch. I poured the rest of my beer over his head, smiling as he stared at me with a dropped jaw.

"What the fuck, Camilla?" he loudly spoke, which seemed to get everyone's attention.

"Eat a dick, David Dobrik."

David doesnt get girlfriends..... lol i have to laugh

Xoxo abby