thirty six

play the song ull know when its really sweet okay

The grocery store was my absolute least favorite place to go with all three of my roommates. They were loud and obnoxious and way too much for the general public. They talked and laughed and didn't even care who heard, which was refreshing at first, but it got to the point where it was impossible to deal with. The angry stares we got from onlookers who were quietly trying to complete their Sunday shopping were enough to keep my cheeks hot and my head down our entire trip.

They never seemed to care, though. It was both horrifying and inspiring how much they didn't give a fuck what anyone thought. I wanted to be like them... just maybe not as much. They were a lot.

"Aww, our little princess is embarrassed of us," Zane teased and pinched my rosy cheek, a little too comfortable as we stood in the checkout lane. "Bet you're wishing you just told us what kind of chips you wanted before we left, huh?"

"Don't call me princess in public; it's creepy," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest in annoyance. "And I wanted to see the selection, asshole. They always are coming out with new flavors."

"And yet you ended up with salt and vinegar chips," David wrapped one arm around my shoulders from behind, yanking me back into his chest. I nearly stumbled, but his arms kept me locked in place. "Same as always, yeah?"

"Okay, so I'm afraid of change, sue me," I tried to pull away, but his grip was too tight. "Let me go, Dobrik. We're in public."

"I'm your boyfriend," he singsonged, and my entire chest warmed. Though I was trying to act mad at the whole situation, I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face. "PDA doesn't matter at that point."

"That couldn't be further from the truth, dude," Jeff frowned at us. "I'm about to throw up."

"Let me go," I pulled on his arm again, and this time he listened, allowing me to take a few steps away from him. "Sorry, Jeffrey, you know I love you."

"Yeah, I bet," he scoffed with an eye roll. "Still can't believe I'm officially the least favorite roommate."

"You aren't," I groaned as I began loading things onto the conveyor belt. "You're all my favorites. How many times do I have to say that?"

"You fuck David nightly, so I'm pretty sure he's your favorite," Zane countered a little too loudly, and my whole body cringed as the old lady checking us out seemed to do a double take. "Sorry, ma'am, but it's the trutb."

"Zane," I sounded like a soccer mom getting onto her fourth grade child. "Shut the fuck up."

"I'm sorry, Milla. You know, you scare me sometimes."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows, my voice all too peppy. He nodded, and I smirked and added, "Good."

"Your girlfriend's a psycho, dude."

"I know. Isn't it hot?"

"I am sincerely sorry, ma'am," I handed her the cash in a hurry. "I'm never coming grocery shopping with you three again."

We left as quickly as possible, and I didn't even help the boys unload the groceries. They had already frustrated me enough. David, of course, was the only one who could make me feel better.

"I'm sorry we annoy you, princess," he sighed as he sunk into my bed and wrapped his arm around my waist. "I told you you shouldn't come."

"You're just so loud," I responded. "It shocks me every time how little you care."

"You know we don't do it on purpose, right?" he asked, and I nodded. "I mean, towards the end we were messing with you, but that's just how we are."