twenty eight

Though I was not planning on going home for the entire Christmas break, Zane and Jeff were. That meant the weekend before finals week would be our last weekend out together until New Years, almost 3 weeks of not all being together.

Considering we were literally with each other every second of every day, especially on the weekends, that felt like a long time. Our last weekend out had to be magical. There was only one problem with this... David couldn't come.

David was still in pain from getting his wisdom teeth removed the day before, and though he told us multiple times he still wanted to go, after reading the doctor's little instruction manual he gave the boys after the surgery, I made the executive decision that he couldn't come. Too many risks.

That being said, since I was the one to crack the whip and tell him he couldn't come, I did offer to stay back with him so he didn't feel left out. He denied me multiple times and sat with me to watch me do my makeup and bring me drinks so that he could make sure I'd go. He wanted me to have fun, which was sweet, but I did feel a little bad.

"We're gonna be here for the next two weeks, Mill. I'm not going to miss much tonight," he told me over and over again.

"By the way... Christmas," I turned to stare at him so I knew he couldn't avoid me. "Did you want to come with me? It's gonna be a lot different than Thanksgiving since all my grandparents and stuff are gonna be there, but my moms have already been asking if you wanted to come."

"I'll have to think about that," he told me. "I'd kind of feel like I was intruding on Christmas and stuff. That's a little more serious than your moms and your cousin on Thanksgiving."

"It's kind of the same except a million times more awkward because my grandparents get into fights a lot and now that Alejandro got kicked out, I'm assuming it'll be a million times more awkward," I told him. "So, I'd honestly appreciate if you came with me to keep me calm and stuff. We're only doing, like, one big thing on Christmas this year because it's just easier, so we'd only have to deal with all that one day."

"You really want me to come, huh?" he smirked as he said it, and I rolled my eyes, turning around before he could see my blush.

"Forget it," I half snapped, though I didn't mean it. "I'll just go apeshit on all of them, and no one will be able to stop me."

"I'll come if you want me to," he said a little softer. "Only if you admit it, though."

"Admit what?"

"That you really want me to come."

"Fine, I really want you to come," I sarcastically replied. "Or not. I don't care."

"Don't be mad. It's cute," he smiled at me. "I don't have anywhere to go anyways."

"Do you ever think about going to see your mom?" I asked. "Like, have you visited her? You don't have to answer."

"I used to when I lived with my aunt," he said. "I moved out when I was sixteen, though. I haven't seen her since. She sends me letters, but I don't open them."

"I didn't know you had an aunt," I casually commented.

"I don't want to talk about her," he immediately shut the conversation down. "The time I lived with her was the worst time of my life."

"I'm sorry," I frowned. "I didn't know. But you'll come to Christmas?"

"Yeah, I'll come to Christmas."