twenty five

I woke up early the next morning despite my pounding head and constant urge to vomit and drove to McDonald's to buy David a nice breakfast. It seemed that our favorite form of apology was buying each other our favorite food.

I ordered way too much food and ended up spending 30 dollars for just breakfast for the two of us, simply because I was very hungover and wanted a bite of everything. I arrived home before David even woke up and snuck into his room, shaking him awake. He stared at me, then his eyes travelled to the bag in my hands. He asked, "What are you doing in here?"

"I'm sorry for being a bitch," I placed the bag on the bed and climbed in next to him. "And for spitting on you. That's really gross."

"You remember that?" he seemed to not believe me.

"No, but I remember you telling me I did," I wanted to laugh, but I figured it wasn't the right time. "I bought, like, one of everything on the menu because I didn't know what we wanted."

"I'm surprised you're even functioning right now," David chuckled, rubbing his sleepy eyes. "Can you pass me my glasses? They're on the nightstand."

"Was it that bad?" I cringed, but completed the task he gave me. I started pulling things out of the bag as he recounted the night.

"You were fine until you were about to leave and you chugged that drink," he told me. "I told you not to take the last shot because you were literally holding onto Matt for dear life, but you obviously don't listen to me."

"I listen to you sometimes," I interrupted as I ripped a pancake in half with my bare hands.

"Not really. Anyway, we were trying to get everyone together and order the Ubers before we went outside because it was so fucking cold, and then Jeff saw you on the floor. You were for real slumped, like not moving. I slapped you in the face a few times and you barely even reacted," he explained, and I touched my cheek. He must not've slapped me hard because my face felt normal. "We eventually got you up and on a stool, and I was trying to get you to drink water, and you spit it all over me. I think everyone thought I was gonna go off on you, because Natalie and Todd were, like, trying to pull me away."

"You would never," I spoke with a laugh, and he glared at me.

"I should have. But I didn't. We just got you another one and put you in an Uber."

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "You were kind of being a dick, though, so maybe you deserved it."

"How was I being a dick?"

"You were ignoring me," I replied in a tone that said it was obvious. "Every time I tried to talk to you, you were so mean to me."

"I didn't want to interrupt your date," he shrugged like he didn't care, but the bitter edge to his tone when he spat out the word date made me believe otherwise. I could tell he cared just a little bit.

"Well, I wouldn't consider it a date. I don't know what it was," I laughed. David was definitely a little bit jealous, but I didn't want to say anything that would make him more mad at me. I think spitting on him was enough. "I only drank more so I wouldn't have to go home with him."

"You don't have to go home with him no matter how drunk you are. That's a horrible mindset."

"I know," I whined. "But I feel bad. He spent a ton of money on me last night."

"His fault that he can't take the fucking hint," David shrugged. "If you wanted to fuck him, you would've by now. I do kind of feel bad for him though."

"Why?"

He smirked as he said, "Because he doesn't know you're getting fucked way better than he could ever do already."

I blushed and rolled my eyes, my interest in my breakfast dwindling as I looked at David's cute little face in his cute little glasses. "Did Jeff come back here last night?"

"Nah, he's at Carly's. Zane's here, though."

I frowned. "Oh."

"But if we go to your room..." he trailed off with a lazy smile. "I mean, it's only eight o'clock. Zane won't be up until noon."

"I spent thirty dollars on this food."

"I'll Venmo you."

"...okay."

I hated to admit it, but it was kind of fun sneaking around with David like we were Cold War spies. Knowing that Zane could wake up and catch us at any moment, or Jeff could waltz through the front door and hear us, only made it more interesting. David laid down next to me after we were done, his face sweaty and red. I stared at him and smiled, "So you forgive me, right?"

"Huh?" he seemed confused, but then realization dawned on him. "Oh, yeah, you're for sure forgiven."

"Good," I nodded to myself. "Because you didn't eat my first apology."

"I ate your second one," he smirked, and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I set myself up for that one, but it still surprised me. I slapped him on the arm and rolled over to grab a t-shirt from the floor so I could get up. "Where are you going?"

"To shower. And probably to puke," I explained, know my hungover mind was reeling from all that movement. "When you leave, light the candle please."

"Who said I was leaving? I'm going back to sleep."

"Put clothes on before you do that," I told him and left him alone to shower. I felt disgusting, so my shower was much longer than usual, especially since I shoved my fingers down my throat beforehand to make myself puke. If I didn't pull the trigger then, I'd just have to do it later. I felt much better after throwing up everything that was in my system and drinking way too much water straight out of the tap.

By the time I got dressed and got back out, David was full clothed and fast asleep with an episode of New Girl playing in the background. It actually smelt good, and I realized he had lit the candle on my dresser.

After putting on my little wax melter just in case it still smelled weird, I tied my hair into a braid and climbed into bed with him. We fell asleep to the soothing sounds of Nick Miller singing Landslide to hide the giant bag of meth from Winston's boss.

At least our house wasn't that crazy.

I fucking love new girl and i just watched the meth episode which is unreasonably funny LMAO

xoxo abby