five

"Camilla, we've got to go," David grabbed my waist, interrupting my talking with some kid named Dom, who was definitely not my type but still entertaining (and buying me drinks, so how could I say no?). "There's been an accident."

"An accident?" I was way too drunk to understand. My jaw dropped in shock as I continued, "Did someone die?"

"Someone's about to," he chuckled. "Natalie and Corinna got in a bit of a cat fight. They got kicked out, so we're going back to the house. Unless you want to stay."

"Nah, I'll go," I nodded, patting my new conversationalist friend on the back as I stood from the bar stool. "Thanks for the drinks, Dommy. Much appreciated."

"Yeah, see you next time," I didn't miss his flirty smile; I was just glad he didn't ask to come home with us. As much as I told myself I was ready to be a slut after my breakup, Brandon was still the only person I had slept with in my life. I didn't know exactly how to go about my dreams of just giving up and doing whatever I wanted with my life. It still felt like he was watching me sometimes, which gave me an extremely eerie feeling. I was still nervous to make him upset or disappoint him, which was so stupid.

"What happened with the girls?" I asked as David kept a hand on my wrist, gentle enough to not hurt but with enough grip to keep my stumbling body beside him.

"Corinna just had to say something about Natalie's outfit," David rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed. "Zane was off flirting with some girl, and Jeff already left with his tinder girl, so it was only me and Todd there to keep them off each other. Natalie slapped her, and that's when the bouncers came, thank God. They might've ripped each other's throats out."

"Are we getting in an Uber together?" I raised my eyebrows to hopefully show that I did not want to do that. I couldn't deal with two bitchy girls while I was drunk; there was a fat possibility that I slapped them both the second they started shit talking each other.

"No, Natalie went home. She was in a bad mood."

"You didn't go with her?" I asked as we finally broke through the last of the crowd and made it to fresh air, where I could see Todd and Corinna standing off to the side, clearly arguing with one another. David shook his head to answer my question. "I thought she was your girlfriend."

"She's not," he laughed at that. "She's just my friend. We hook up sometimes, but it's not like that."

"Does she want it to be like that?" I tried to distract him so the couple could get their issues sorted before we had to get in an Uber with them.

"I fucking hope not. You talk too much when you're drunk."

He dragged me over to the two. Todd looked at me with a sigh and said, "You're a girl. Talk some sense into her."

"I don't think I can help," I awkwardly laughed, suddenly very thankful that Dom had bought me the last drink even though I told him it was probably time for me to slow down. "If a bitch ever hit me, I'd beat the shit out of her."

"Right?" Corinna nodded, raising her eyebrows at Todd as if she was silently saying see?

"Well, you didn't have to say she looked slutty and homeless. There was no reason for that. You just like causing problems with her so you can feel like the big dog since we're together," Todd argued, which seemed entirely true and logical to me. It did appear that Corinna was picking fights just to show she'd always win. She deserved to get slapped.

"Why are you such a dick?" Corinna rolled her eyes. "Is it my fault she wore a t-shirt and no pants to the bar? It wasn't even long enough to be a t-shirt dress. She just looked stupid."

"Weren't you the other girl?" the question slipped from my alcohol coated lips before I could process it enough to stop it. The two boys stared at me like I was batshit insane, which should've been enough to close my big mouth, but it wasn't. "And Natalie was your friend?"

"Excuse me?" Corinna looked shocked that I even called her out, as if it wasn't all true. "I'm..."

She couldn't finish her sentence, which solidified my point. I continued, "That's a pretty shitty move. I think you should probably cut her some slack about her outfit choices."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Who even are you?"

"I'm Camilla White, which I'm sure you already know, but maybe you're just so fucking full of yourself that you've forgotten already," I snapped, feeling myself growing tired with the woman who let her best friend's boyfriend cheat with her. There was no excuse for that, and there never would be. I faked a smile, "I think I'll get my own Uber, but it was really nice meeting you guys."

"Wait!" David yelled after me as I pranced off away from those two to get some peace and quiet.

"What?"

"You're drunk off your ass. No way you're getting in an Uber alone," he sighed, and I smiled and nodded at him. Drunk me usually did not think twice about my personal safety, but drunk me was also usually always with Brandon, who was overprotective and would never let an Uber driver murder me.

"They aren't coming to our house, right?" I asked with my nose turned up. "Because if they are, I'm not going home and you might as well get in their car. I can't stand bitches like that. She probably ruined Natalie's life, and she doesn't even care. How long did Todd and Natalie date?"

"Six-ish months," David answered. "Definitely not five years. But yeah, Nat was pretty upset about the whole thing. Now she just doesn't like them, and Corinna really does start all the fights. We try to hang out with one of them at a time, but that's not always possible."

"Are they coming to our house?" I asked again, realizing David completely ignored my first question.

"I don't think so. If they are, just go lock your door. It's not a big deal."

"I don't want her to think I chickened out," I frowned, handing David my phone with the Uber app open. Everything was moving way too fast, and I couldn't be trusted to click on the right buttons. "I'll fight her if she wants me to."

"No, you won't. You need to chill. There's only so much beef we can handle."

"Did Zane go home already?"

"He went to the girl's apartment, I think. I talked to her for a minute. She seemed nice. Name was Stassie, or something."

"How does Zane get a girl and I can't get a guy? This seems unfair. Or rigged."

"The dude at the bar was all over you. I was watching," David told me. "Pretty entertaining, watching you lean back every time he leaned forward."

"You're creepy," I giggled. "I might be safer alone with the Uber driver."

"Shut up. That's it," he pointed to a white car that had just pulled up to the sidewalk. "Come now before you start another argument for no reason."

I didn't even fight. I didn't want to give him more evidence that I was crazy.

Goodnight world

Vote and comment

Xoxoxabby