thirty five

CAMILLA

"I'm gonna need y'all to get off the couch if you're going to infect it with anything," Zane warned as he entered the living room, probably to make himself a hangover meal. Our date was their night out, meaning we'd been awake and chilling in the living room for a few hours before anyone even made themselves known.

"We sit on the couch together all the time," I rolled my eyes.

"Not as a... couple," he turned his nose up as he said it. "Wait, are you a couple yet?"

I looked at David, who smiled all too cheesily back at me. He looked up to Zane to say, "Yeah."

I added, "He's my bitch."

"Unsurprising," Zane laughed. "Can I come and watch a movie with you guys, or are you going to do something nasty under the blanket? Wait a second, have you had sex on our couch?"

"No, Zane, I'm not a heathen," I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. "And yes, you can watch a movie. We can cuddle, if you want,"

"Don't think your little boyfriend will be too happy with that," he wiggled his finger in David's direction as he continued into the kitchen. "Let me make some easy mac."

"He's right," David said under his breath so Zane couldn't hear, his hand around my waist pulling me closer to him. "Just with me from now on."

"Boring," I joked, and he frowned. "I'm kidding. You're the best cuddler anyways."

"What do you want to watch?"

"Something scary, but I'll just let Zane pick. I usually like what he likes," I responded. "Might fall asleep, to be honest. I'm comfy."

"That's fine. I won't move."

"You're the best," I beamed at him, and something in his face shifted. I couldn't tell you what it was or why he seemed to glow when I said that, but he looked so pretty that I didn't say anything to stop it.

DAVID

"We need to talk," I sat down with Natalie the first chance I got to leave the house. My nerves had been eating me alive since that fucking lazy day with Camilla after our date, and I had finally got the alone time to call the one person I knew could help me. Natalie was smart and reasonable. Natalie could fix this.

"Jesus, dude, you've been in a relationship for three days. How have you already messed up?" she laughed as she stirred her coffee. She didn't bother buying me one, even though she got here first.

"I didn't mess up," I rolled my eyes. "I just need help. I'm confused."

"If you're about to tell me you don't know if you like her or not, I'm going to slap the shit out of you," she warned, her face way too serious for my liking. "She doesn't deserve that. Millie's an angel."

"That's the opposite of my problem," I started messing with my fingertips because I didn't want to look at her. "I think I'm in love with her. That's my problem. I don't know how to tell."

"Shut the fuck up," she slammed her drink onto the counter, sparking stares from the nice people of the coffee shop who were just trying to get work done. "Shut the fuck up."

"I don't know what you want me to say," I shrugged with a chuckle because that was all I knew to do. "Can you help me or what?"

"Help you with what?"

"I don't know," I whined and slammed my head against the table. "Do you think I do?"

"When did you come to this realization?" she asked, and I almost thanked God that she finally started the interrogation. This was what I wanted.