forty five

5 missed calls from: David Dobrik

David Dobrik: call me rn

David Dobrik: answer

2 missed calls from: David Dobrik

David Dobrik: camilla

David Dobrik: i'm sorry

David Dobrik: you were right about everything

With that admission, I answered the next call. It was almost four in the morning that same night, the night he got kicked out of Triple B. I said, "Yes?"

"Can you open the front door? Zane confiscated my key," he seemed stressed. "Please. I really need to talk to you."

"I'm coming," I sighed, crawling out of bed. "I look really ugly right now, so don't judge me."

"You never look ugly," he told me, but when I opened the door, he winced, "You do look kind of rough."

"Thanks," I answered sarcastically, hanging up the phone.

"I'm sorry. You look really tired," he said. "I—to be honest, I don't even know how to start. You were right. Jesus, you were right."

"I know," I said as I sat down on the couch, David joining me a few feet away. "What'd she do?"

"We came home, and she was helping me ice my eye," it was then that I noticed he had a bit of bruising on his cheek just below his eye, which would probably only get darker in the coming days. "I was telling her you were, like, crazy for thinking that anything like that would ever happen, and I don't know. I guess she thought after the fight we were really over, and she put her hand on my leg and was like she's not that crazy."

"What'd you do?" my blood was already boiling. I was so mad that she would say something like that, and so mad that he didn't see it earlier.

"I pushed her off, obviously," he replied. "Wouldn't be here if I didn't. I asked her if it was always like that, and she said yes, and I told her she was a shitty person for not saying anything when I had been obviously upset over you for the past two weeks. She said she thought I knew, and she just wanted to wait until we were completely broken up before she said anything. She said she thought I was playing stupid."

"Were you?"

"Obviously not," he sighed once again. "Again, wouldn't be here if I was playing stupid that whole time. I don't want to be with her, Camilla. I want to be with you."

"Can you just say it one more time?" I asked, a light smile gracing my face.

"Say what?" he asked, smiling because I was smiling.

"You know."

"You were right," he repeated himself. "You were right, and I'm sorry I didn't believe you. That was so stupid of me."

"I know I was," I giggled. "I'm always right."

"You are," he sighed. "I'm really sorry. I swear, the second I knew, I left. Do you believe me?"

"Of course I do," I told him. "I love you. If you knew, you wouldn't have told me."

"So... what does that mean?" he asked.

"Are you done with her?"

"Yes," he nodded. "I can't believe it, but yes. I can't believe she just let me sit there crying like a little bitch when she knew you were right. But yes, I'm done with her."

"Okay," I shrugged. "I don't know what else to say. I guess that means we're back together... if you want to be back together."

"Of course I do," he grabbed my hand softly. "I love you. I'm sorry I caused all this."

"It's not all you," I intertwined our fingers. "It's not your fault that you're not the smartest."

"Stop," he groaned, dropping his head onto my lap. "You're right, but I hate it. I missed you. This has been the worst two weeks of my life, and I literally got sexually assaulted as a child."

"I love you," I put my free hand in his hair. "I'm sorry that this sucked. I didn't mean to cause problems."

"It's not your fault. It's mine."

"I know, but still. Sucks that it happened," I said. "Do you want to go to sleep? I'm exhausted. And still a little drunk."

"Yes," he sat up. "Your bed or mine?"

"Probably mine," I answered. "If the boys hear that you're home, they might go crazy. They've seen some rough things this week."

"How rough?"

"I bought a sledgehammer and smashed a TV with it," I laughed. "Like... really smashed it. And a lot more than that."

"I would pay to see that."

"It wasn't cool. It was really sad, actually. Zane looked scared for me," I explained. "But... yeah. They're not the happiest with you. I think that's why Zane took your key, because every time I saw you, I went crazy."

"You're gonna talk to them before me, right?" David seemed a little worried. "I don't want to get yelled at."

"You'll probably still get yelled at," I giggled. "But yeah, I'll talk to them first. I'm sure they'll understand and then give you shit anyway."

"Sounds like them."

"Yeah," I smiled, so thankful I had such caring friends. "It does. Let's go to sleep."

We went to sleep. It was the best sleep I'd had in the last two weeks, and though I would normally harbor a little anger, I was glad it was all over. The only bitch I wanted to kill was Natalie... and that was an issue for another day.

The next morning, I snuck out of bed before David even woke up and found Jeff in the kitchen, cooking himself breakfast.

"Hey, I'm making eggs and avocado toast. You want anything?" he asked, still looking at me with those pitiful eyes.

"Not right now. Um..." I trailed off as I took a seat on one of the stools. "I have something to tell you."

"Jesus, what?" he huffed. "I can't deal with David being a dick anymore."

"Well, then you're in luck, because he's in my bed right now," I laughed, and Jeff gave me a look like he didn't find it one bit funny. "What? I thought you'd be happy. We're good now."

"You just forgave him?" he raised his eyebrows.

"No, of course not," I scoffed at the idea. "I was right about her. She made a move on him, and he came home and apologized and told me I was right. Then, I forgave him."

"What'd she do?"

That seemed to pique his interest. I should've known to start with the gossip. Oh well, at least I'd know for Zane.

"He was telling her I was crazy for acting like she was interested in him, and then she groped him and said some stupid ass shit like not that crazy," I rolled my eyes at the thought. "God, I can't wait to fucking deck that bitch. She let him sit there all that time and never said anything because apparently she thought he knew and was waiting for us to be completely over."

"That's some next level bullshit."

"Right?" I nodded. "Fuck her for that. Anyway, I believe he didn't know. He was, like, scared to tell me, so. It seemed legit."

"He's here?"

"He's in my bed," I answered. "I'm scared to tell Zane. Zane saw the worst of it."

"Zane is the most forgiving person I know," Jeff told me. "He will honestly feel any emotion you feel. I think it'll be fine. If you forgive him, I do too."

"You guys are good friends," I sighed in relief, dropping my chin onto the palm of my hand.

"Yeah..." he smiled. "I know."

Literally LIVID rn bc i applied for the nursing program and got denied when a girl with a lower GPA and lower entrance exam score got accepted.... how tf is that possible. Im killing someone KILLING SOMEONE