twenty six

It was a Tuesday when I desperately needed to study and the boys, apparently, desperately needed to have fun. I had no idea why, considering we were drunk all weekend, but it was obviously a necessity. Note my sarcasm.

I asked them multiple times to just go to the bar if they really wanted to get drunk, but that was not possible because Triple B was dead on Tuesdays. As if inviting everyone to our house instead of inviting everyone to the bar was any different.

Needless to say, I ended up in David's room alone studying for my test the next day. My room would be too loud since it was just off the living room, so David sweetly sacrificed his room for my official study location.

"Come drink with us," Natalie peeked her head into David's door. I looked up at her from my spot on the bed, then back down at the books scattered across it.

"I really can't."

"Come on," she whined, taking the liberty of stepping into the bedroom I was hiding in to hopefully get some work done. "I hate being the only girl, and Carly had to go home to check on Erin. Her cat ran away."

I glanced up at her again, eyebrows furrowing at the familiar green sweatshirt that David had refused to take back after Halloween night. "Where'd you get that?"

"I helped David with laundry earlier. He gave it to me. So, will you come downstairs?" she shrugged like the sweatshirt meant nothing to her, but I couldn't help the sinking feeling in my chest as I saw her in it. I guess I had just thrown in into the laundry, but it was a thing between David and I that that sweater was mine. How could he just give it away so carelessly?

"In a few minutes," I lied through my teeth.

"Can I ask you a question?" she took it upon herself to crawl into the bed with me without waiting for an answer. She smirked as she asked, "How long have you and David been hooking up?"

Her face told me she knew. There was no use in denying it, but I still tried to anyway. "What?"

"You and David... I'm just wondering when it started."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Come on, bitch, I'm not gonna fucking tell anyone! I'm not even gonna tell David I know. But I know David has another fuck buddy because we aren't hooking up anymore, and I've been sitting here wondering who it could possibly be when the only girls he hangs out with are me, you, and Carly... and then it hit me," she smiled confidently. "You've been glowing different lately."

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about. He could be hooking up with a random girl."

"Mmhmm, and that's why he kicked Matt out earlier?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at me to convey her suspicion.

"He did what?" I frowned, confused.

"Yeah! Scott was asking Matt why he hadn't fucked you yet, and Matt—who was really drunk, by the way; I've never heard him talk like this—started talking all this shit about how you were a tease and that it couldn't be that hard to get you into bed. David got so mad. He called him a dick and kept telling him he couldn't talk about you like that and then told him to leave. No one knew what to do, so he just... left," she explained the whole story with way too much excitement on her face. "And so I've been sitting here since Halloween that you and David conveniently didn't show up to wondering why he doesn't want to hook up anymore, and then he goes home with you for Thanksgiving when he immediately refused all of our invitations, and then he gets mad when someone talks shit about you, and it all seemed to... click."

"He went home with me for Thanksgiving because he didn't have anywhere to go."

"If that were true, he would've been in New York or Florida or my house. We all invited him and he denied us," she pointed out, and it was clear at that point that she wasn't gonna let it go. "So... Halloween? Or before then?"

I stared at her for a minute, but my mind was completely blank. I couldn't think of another excuse. So I said, "...Halloween."

"I fucking knew it," a smug smile spread across her face. "How did that happen?"

"I don't even know. I told him I didn't want to have sex with Matt because I hadn't had sex with anyone besides Brandon before, and he was like I could help you out—"

"Good impression," she interrupted with a smile.

"I know," I laughed. "Anyways, that's it, basically. It was supposed to be a one time thing to get me in the groove or whatever, but then it just... wasn't."

"I knew he was fucking lying to me," she shook her head like she was disappointed. "He always only had one girl at a time. I knew that little dickhead wasn't taking a break from girls."

"I'm sorry if that, like, messed you up. I really intended it to be a one time thing."

"Oh, don't apologize to me," Natalie shrugged with a soft laugh. "Not that hard to find a man to fuck, to be honest. He's treating you good, though, right? You're getting what you want?"

"Natalie," I groaned and fell back onto David's pillows. "Do we have to speak about this?"

"We're girl friends! You're supposed to talk about it with me," she informed me. "I know you've never really had that before and you're definitely one of the bros, but I'm interested! I'll have to have a talk with him if he isn't doing it right."

"You won't have a talk with him about anything, bitch," I reminded her of her earlier promise to not mention anything to David. I wasn't sure exactly how he'd react to someone knowing about our predicament, so I figured it'd be easier to not tell him. "But if you must know, it's all fine."

"Fine?" Nat frowned. She did not like that answer.

"Great," I corrected myself. "Really great. He makes me... you know... so it's all good."

"Yeah, he's good, huh?" she nodded all knowingly. "Did you cum with your old boyfriend?"

"No, and I don't want to hear anything about it," I warned her. "I've heard enough from fucking David. I know I should've said something or dumped him earlier. I was a fool in love."

"Okay, jeez, I wasn't even gonna say anything," she held her hands up in defense. "Although that does break my heart a little bit. No young girl should be stuck like that."

"I made it out alive."

"You probably fingered yourself in the bathroom after sex for five years so that you didn't hurt his feelings," she turned her nose up in disgust. "I'm gonna slap the shit out of the man if I ever have the pleasure of meeting him. Anyways, come drink?"

"I really have to study," I whined, because I really didn't want to but I also didn't want to fail my test. "Give me thirty more minutes, and I'll come have one drink."

"Sounds like a deal to me!"

Anddddd the secrets out

Kind of at least

Xoxo abby