forty four

The next few days were more of the same. I woke up sad, went to class sad, worked out sad, came home sad, took a bath sad, then went to bed sad. I put on my best neutral face so my friends wouldn't feel so bad for me, but they could see right through it.

It was a horrible cycle... and then David and Natalie came to Triple B while the rest of us were there getting obliterated.

It was past midnight by the time they showed up, and I was drinking off a heart ache, so I was gone when they arrived. Not gone enough to not notice his hand at the small of her back, guiding her through the crowd, but still gone.

"Let's go," Corinna said the second she laid eyes on them, grabbing my shoulder and slightly turning me so I wouldn't be facing them. "Come on, I'm hungry. You wanna get food?"

"I'm fineeee, Miss Kopf," I giggled, and that was anything but the truth. I was not fine. I was miserable and drunk, but just not drunk enough to go home and forget everything that happened. That was what I longed for—the part where I forget. "Another drink! And we can dance! You wanna dance?"

"Are you sure?" she raised her perfect eyebrows like she didn't believe a word that came out of my mouth.

"Fuck that dude!" I smiled. "And fuck his little whore girlfriend! You'd think she'd know better!"

"We really could go get some Taco Bell," she tried once again, and I rolled my eyes.

"You can do whatever your heart desires," I booped her on the nose. "I'm going to get another drink."

As I turned to head towards the bar, I heard her say to someone in our group, "This is a fucking nightmare."

Her words didn't match her actions, as she started following me up to the bar anyways. She bought both of our drinks and told the bartender to make mine a double shot. Sean, the bartender, just smiled at me like he knew. I was always trailing behind David like a little kid to get drinks; he knew something had happened.

"They're on the house," he slid the drinks over the counter to us. "And if you need me to kick him out, just say the word. I would never let a regular have her feelings hurt over some douche."

"He was a regular before I was," I laughed, and Seam shrugged.

"You're a girl. Makes you more important."

"Cheers," I held up the drink and spun around to walk away, Corinna following on my heels. "You'll dance with me?"

"I'll try," she laughed at the thought. "I'm not the best dancer."

"Me either! That's the fun part!"

We danced for what felt like hours, my drink toppling over the top of the cup a few times at my erratic movements. I probably looked like I was on crack, but it still attracted some attention. It didn't take long for a man to put his hands around my waist and pull me up against him from behind. I thought it might've been Zane at first, messing with me, until I considered the fact that I could definitely feel a hard penis on my back and Zane would never do that to me.

His name was Alex Ernst, but that's all I knew about him. We had met him a few times in passing, but I had never really spoken to him. He practically yelled over the music, "You alone tonight?"

"Maybe," I shrugged with a classic flirty giggle.

"Your boyfriend's not around?" he asked again for clarification, which would be more respectable if there wasn't a dick jamming into my back.

"Don't have a boyfriend anymore," I answered.

"Oh, is that so?" and that's when one of his hands moved from my hip up my stomach, and literally started groping a tit in the middle of the bar. I sent Corinna a panicked look, but someone else was already on it.

Alex's hands ripped off of me, and I spun around just in time to see David shove him backward. He yelled, "Get your fucking hands off my girlfriend."

"She told me she doesn't have a boyfriend," he shoved him back. "Maybe that's just a figment of your imagination."

All hell broke loose. David swung first, obviously, after that jab, and Alex swung harder, nearly knocking David off his feet. Luckily, Randy, my favorite bouncer, was there before any real damage could occur.

"Both of you get the fuck out!" he yelled, and David turned to stare at me. "I'll kick her out too, if you don't go."

"I'm going with him," I informed Randy. "Thank you, though."

"No problem, sweetheart," he led us all out. None of my friend group tried following us, but I could clearly see them pressed against the window watching.

"What the fuck was that?" I frowned, and David immediately got defensive.

"Oh, so you didn't want me to stop him? He looked like he was about to fucking rape you or something."

"You don't get to decide who touches me," I avoided his question all together, since my answer would only back up his point. "You don't get to call me your girlfriend when you're sleeping at Natalie's every night. You broke up with me!"

"You broke up with me!" he countered. "And once again, you drag Natalie into this when she has nothing to do with it!"

"She has everything to do with it, David! Can't you fucking see that?" and there went the tears. I was frantically trying to order an Uber so he wouldn't see me crying for much longer. "Jesus, just go back in there so she can take you back home and you can fuck all you want. I don't give a fuck."

"We aren't fucking!" he yelled. "You are so fucking stubborn, it's insane! Why can't you just trust me?"

"Because I can't," I said, swiping the tears off of my cheeks. "I can't just trust people like that anymore. The people who gave birth to me didn't even want me. I had no friends in high school. Brandon didn't want me. It's not that hard for me to believe that you wouldn't want me either. I kind of have a feel for these things."

"Camilla, I obviously love you."

"That's not good enough for me," I shrugged, head down. "That's not enough, and you know that. I've told you how I feel, and you don't care enough to make any changes, so it's done with. It's over. I'm not going to sit here and get dragged around like an idiot while you're fucking her behind my back. I'm not doing that again."

"She would never do that to you, and neither would I."

"You know she hasn't tried to talk to me once since you moved in with her?" I asked, and he tried to hide the shocked look on his face. "She doesn't care about me, David. She doesn't. All she's ever cared about was you, and I'm telling you right now that even if you haven't done anything, that doesn't mean she's not going to try. Girls just know these things."

"You don't know everything."

"I know enough," I shrugged as my white Toyota Corolla, my savior, pulled up. "I'll see you around."

"You're not getting in an Uber alone."

"I'll see you around," I repeated myself as I climbed in, and I watched him even as we drove away, until he was just a small dot on the sidewalk, silently begging me to stay.

I watched after 2 it sucks just so u know the acting is HORRIBLE

xoxo abby