thirty three

"What the fuck? They're kissing!"

"That is definitely a breach of our house rules."

David pulled back for just a moment to say, "Can you two shut the fuck up?"

He didn't look all that intimidating with a bright, unmoving smile on his face. Both Zane and Jeff, apparently the only two with no one to kiss, were staring at us with confused expressions.

"We need to rewind a little," Jeff frowned, stepping closer to us so he could hear over the music. "What the fuck?"

"Was there a question there, or was it just what the fuck?" I sarcastically asked, smiling as I felt David pull me in closer.

"Since when is this a thing?" Zane asked the question for a clearly stumped Jeff.

I looked at David, who stared down back at me and said, "Since she walked in the front door."

I didn't know how true that statement was, but it still made my already hot cheeks turn an even rosier shade.

"No way. We would've known. I'm saying two weeks at most."

"Halloween," I answered a bit more honestly. "Nosy asses."

"This isn't being nosy; we live together," Jeff replied. "How have you even kept this a secret? I'm shocked."

"I told you they didn't know," I smirked at David, who rolled his eyes in response.

"Not my fault I gave the benefit of the doubt to these two dumbasses."

"Hey, that's not even fair, you sneaky little devils," Zane looked way too offended, and it took everything in me to hold back my laugh. They were both acting like we hid a murder from them, not a relationship.

Wait—was it a relationship?

Jeff had the same question as me. He asked, "So are you guys fucking or dating?"

"Don't word it like that," David warned him, which was just a little too sweet, and I was just a little too obsessed with him. "We are... what are we?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Kind of in between, I guess. We haven't been on a date."

"You are such a dick, bro," Zane shook his head in disgust. "My Millie deserves so much better than that. She deserves, like, three hundred dates."

I broke away from David so I could wrap my arm around his waist and lean into him. Zane was honestly the best because he always showed me my worth.

"We were friends with benefits, idiot. How was I supposed to take her on a date?" he rolled his eyes, and I frowned. He immediately seemed uncomfortable with that and added, "Not that I didn't want to, but... you know."

"Can't believe Matt's taken her on a date and you haven't," Jeff chuckled. "Holy shit, were you guys fucking when she went out with him?"

"Fuck that dude," David's jaw clenched as he said it. "And yes. Not happy about that."

"Really, Mr. We-Were-Friends-With-Benefits?" I gave him a look, and he shrugged.

"I didn't go on dates with anyone."

I looked up at Zane and said, "Defend me."

"No one wanted to go on a date with you, Dobrik."

"Thank you, Zane. Love you."

"I don't like this little tag team you guys have got going on right now," David pointed his finger between the two of us. "You trying to steal my girl, Hijazi?"

"Maybe," Zane pulled me closer to him. "I could if I wanted to. I'd take her to the nicest restaurant in town every night. Dates on dates on dates."

"I'm getting another drink."

To be honest, no one else was really that surprised that David and I were halfway together. Natalie already knew, and I wasn't close enough with anyone else for them to question me about it. The night was long and exhausting and I was glad that I was in bed by the time the sun was coming up.

David and I slept until late afternoon when Jeff woke me up to go to the gym. I really didn't want to, but he guilted me into it by complaining about how I never hung out with him and the gym is our only time together. He complained that I'd probably be spending all of my time openly with David now, and if I didn't go, it'd be disappointing.

So I went, then threw up in the bathroom. It was to be expected.

When we got back, no one had even attempted to clean up, so I decided it was up to me. Once all the cups and cans were in a trash bag, I started sweeping. There was glitter everywhere, and to be honest, the broom wasn't doing much. We apparently didn't own a vacuum, and I was so tired and felt so gross that I didn't even try with the carpet. That was a problem for another day.

I wrote down in my planner that I needed to buy a vacuum at some point this week, knowing that having glitter on everything I owned for the next year would be less than enjoyable for me.

After a quick shower to get myself refreshed, I went to David's room to bother him. He was half asleep when I climbed into his bed, an episode of Masterchef Junior playing on the TV. It was his latest obsession since he thought it was so funny to watch the little kids panic, and I liked it too. I had a small crush on Gordon Ramsey, but I'd never tell David that. I knew he'd bully me.

"Good afternoon," he smiled and wrapped an arm around me. "Missed you."

"Sorry. I was forced to go to the gym," I sighed as I settled into his chest. "Gym rat things, you know?"

"I don't know," he turned his nose up ever so slightly at the thought. "I'm proud of you though."

"For going to the gym?" I laughed.

"For sticking with something," he shrugged. "I never stick with anything, so."

"That's not true. I'm proud of you for everything you do. You're very smart, David."

"Not that smart."

"You are," I nodded into his chest. "You're scary good at math. Smartest person I know."

"Smarter than Brandon?" he raised his eyebrows, and I rolled my eyes.

"Brandon just pretended to be smart. You pretend you're not smart, but you're actually smart," I explained. "And Brandon's a big fat douche idiot."

"Good."

"What'd you do while I was gone?"

"Showered," he said. "And ordered a vacuum on Amazon. Our carpet is fucked."

I sat up to look at him, my jaw dropped. "You ordered a vacuum?"

"...Yes?"

"I was gonna order a vacuum," I smiled, laying back down on him. "We're so in sync."

"I don't think that's exactly as cool as you think it is."

"We're in sync," I repeated, and I could feel him shake with laughter.

He kissed my forehead and said, "I'm glad you're back. It's so boring here without you. Felt like I was going insane."

It was at that moment that I knew I loved him. The only thing I didn't know is how I was going to deal with that.

Sorry i hate college

Xoxo abby