twenty four

"You're not fucking ditching us on our first night out now that we're all back home," Zane frowned as he entered my room and saw me getting ready with no alcohol in sight. This would never happen on a night out, considering I was typically already tripping over my own feet before we even left the house. "That's not cool."

"I'm sorry," I whined as I tried desperately to blend my eyeshadow that just wasn't working for me. Maybe I was better at doing my makeup drunk. "I can't say no to people."

"You aren't coming?" now David was in my room, also frowning at me like it was a serious betrayal and not one missed night out. I shook my head at him through the mirror. "Why not?"

"Matt asked me to go to dinner with him," I explained, and I watched his face slightly fall. He seemed more confused than anything.

"So you just aren't coming? So you can go on a date with Matt?" he reiterated what I had just said.

"That's the jist of it, yeah," I tried not to roll my eyes at the interrogation.

David left my room without another word, and Zane continued to bother me about why I was such a loser until Matt texted me that he was outside. Just to shut him up, I eventually told him I'd convince Matt to bring us to the bar after, which might have been a genius idea anyway. Sober me was not capable of an entire date. I was starting to think maybe I should've pregamed.

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. He bought a bottle of expensive ass wine for the table, and conversation never slowed once I started drinking. Matt and I were pretty good friends; he was easy to talk to and always making jokes. The only thing that was weird about it was that I knew we were on a date. This was officially my first date since Brandon, and it felt wrong in a way. I tried to at least pay for my own food, but Matt turned me down.

I did convince him to head to Triple B with me after it was over. I was sure he only said yes because he thought getting me drunker would get him laid, but I just tried to ignore that angle. I wasn't sure that I was comfortable having sex with Matt, so getting very drunk and seeing if I ended up all over him was the only way to tell. Young girls: if you're reading this, consider not using this strategy to pick who you have sex with.

I lead us back to our usual corner and spotted David first, who was standing very close to Natalie. We made solid eye contact as I approached, and he didn't even smile at me. What crawled up his ass and died?

"My Milla's here!" Zane cheered, wrapping his arms around me. At least someone was happy to see me. I hugged Erin and Carly next, and we talked to everyone for a few minutes. I tried multiple times to bring David into the conversation, but he either gave me short answers or straight up ignored me. He was pissing me off beyond belief, and drunk, angry me wasn't a fun person to be around, so when Matt offered to dance with me, I said yes.

We drank and danced for a while. I couldn't even keep track of how long we had been there since my phone died long ago, but once everything was spinning around me, I decided it might be time to call it a night.

"You're pissing me off. If that's your intention, it's working," David told me quietly as I joined the outskirts of our group again, too drunk and tired to continue dancing with Matt, who I had been with all night.

I looked up at him, trying to focus on his face but finding it so difficult in the shifting lights. I said, "Not everything is about you, David. Can't a girl dance in peace?"

"Don't bother asking to sleep with me tonight, then," he said pointedly, his grip on his beer bottle tight.

"I'm not too worried about my sleeping arrangements, believe it or not. Matt is getting me a drink as we speak," I replied, trying to act like his words didn't wound me. I wasn't actually going to sleep with Matt, but it was a nice thought that I could make him angry with that information. He had no right to be mad after flirting with Natalie all night.

"I don't know if I want to punch you in the face or fuck you in the bathroom right now," he admitted, his eyes suddenly becoming a little too amused. He knew what he had done to me, noticing the uncomfortable shuffling of my feet as I tried to control myself.

I should've walked away. I should've known there was nothing remotely romantic or sweet about being punched in the face or being fucked in a dirty bar bathroom. But I was drunk, and Matt was kind of weird, and David was finally showing me the attention I'd been seeking all night. So I said, "If we leave now, we'll probably have time before everyone else comes home."

"I don't think tonight's gonna work. Zane and Erin already left."

"Why would you say that, then?" I pouted, hoping that trying to be cute (emphasis on trying, I was way too drunk to be cute) would make him want me more. "You can't be like that."

"Millie!" Natalie had just noticed my presence, and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, pulling me into a hug. Suddenly, all eyes were on me. Whatever bit of privacy David and I previously had was gone. "I've missed you! But here comes your man, so I'll give you some space."

I turned to see Matt approaching, a drunken smile on his red face and two cups in his hand. I took mine from him and downed it in one go. He looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Jesus, I thought you said you were getting tired."

"No, Matthew," I shook my head, passing him back the empty cup. "I could go all night."

I, in fact, could not go all night. I was slumped in the corner after just one more shot, completely unresponsive to the world around me. By the time I regained some sense of consciousness, I was in a car, sleeping on David's shoulder. I looked up at him, confused and asked, "What happened?"

"I'm pretty sure you had alcohol poisoning for a minute there," he answered, not seeming too happy with me. "And when I tried to force feed you water, you spit it all over me."

I glanced at his gray t-shirt, which was in fact covered with liquid. The one day he didn't wear a black shirt was the day I decided to go crazy. Though I knew the answer, I still asked, "On accident?"

"Pretty sure it was on purpose, considering you told me to go fuck myself right after."

"Oh," I cringed. I was still extremely drunk, and I knew whatever apology I came up with would be absolutely horrible, so I kept it simple. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's whatever," he shrugged. I could tell he was mad; hell, I'm sure our Uber driver could tell he was mad. "Your boyfriend tried to take you back to his place. I practically had to fight him off. Fucking creepy."

"That is creepy," I nodded, confused at that action. Matt didn't seem like the type of dude to take advantage of a drunk girl; I'd been drunk enough for him to try hundreds of times, but it was still odd. "Thank you for grabbing me. Can you wake me back up when we get home?"

He didn't. He grabbed me out of the car and carried me all the way in, placing me gently on the bed and tucking me into my blankets. He left without another word.

GUYS in eighth grade i went to the doctor with my older sister and they weighed us and we were the same weight and i feel like that was such a major turning point for me with my body confidence. I felt so fat bc she was two years older than me and we shouldnt be the same weight (even tho we were the same height idk im sure u all know how brains work especially when ur a young girl)

Anyways today i weighed myself and im BELOW THAT WEIGHTTTTTTT (by a pound but STILL!!!!) i just feel like that was one of those monumental moments in my life where i felt fat and disgusting and unworthy and now i feel like ive reclaimed that moment like i actually did it

Anyways i have no friends that care so i had to tell yall be proud of me :))))

Xoxo abby