sixteen

"I feel like I'm going to puke everywhere," I admitted after we both had a second to catch our breath. I was uncomfortable in the aftermath of our decision, and I didn't know what to say, and it just slipped out.

"Jesus, that bad?" David laughed. His ability to be completely normal after something like that made me jealous. "You looked like you were having fun about two minutes ago."

"Shut up," I frowned to hold back a chuckle, grabbing a dirty t-shirt off his floor and pulling it on. "It was... fine. I just feel guilty."

He didn't comment on how I said fine and not good, which I was grateful for. I meant good anyway, but I was too nervous and awkward to say it.

"Why do you feel guilty?" he asked, then added as an afterthought, "if you're actually about to puke, don't do it on my floor."

"Can you put these on?" I handed him the first pair of underwear I saw. I wasn't sure if they were the ones he was wearing earlier tonight or old, crusty ones, but at the time, I didn't care. "Everyone is going to know. I was telling all of you how excited I was for Halloween all week."

"You worry too much," he thankfully snatched the underwear from my hand and put it on, no questions asked. "Who cares if they know? It was a one time thing."

"Still. Feels like I'm breaking a damn contract right now," I muttered, scratching at my mascara where it had no doubt smeared under my eyes. "And I don't want them to think I'm a slut or anything."

"Having a body count of two doesn't make you a slut, Millie," he rolled his eyes dramatically like he thought I was stupid. "They're both probably nearing triple digits by now. But either way, no one is going to know. You're going to go downstairs and take a shower and go to bed. They won't even ask why you didn't show up until you wake up tomorrow, and by then, I will have already explained the situation."

"Okay," I nodded, grabbing his green sweatshirt off the floor and sliding it over my head. David and I were probably the same size, but he was much taller than me, so it worked to cover everything. "Okay. Yeah. That makes sense."

"And grab another drink before you take a shower," he told me. "You look like you need it."

I stood at the doorframe, conflicted on what to say. I finally decided on, "Thank you... by the way. For helping me. And I've never done that with a guy before so... add that to your resume."

He seemed amused and confused. "I'm well aware that was your first time not with your boyfriend. You've said it about eighty times tonight."

"That's not what I meant," I shyly replied, kicking myself for even bringing it up in the first place. "That was the first time I... you know... with a boy."

"I don't know," he seemed genuinely confused.

"That was the first time a boy made me..." I trailed off, and it all seemed to click in an instant for him. His jaw dropped, shock riddling his face.

"Are you fucking kidding? You dated him five years and he didn't make you cum once?"

"No," I shrugged. "People talked about how guys didn't really do that for you on Twitter. I kind of thought it was normal."

"Jesus, Mill, I'm beating the shit out of him if I ever see him just for that," he frowned. "You want me to do it again?"

I laughed, thankful that David made me more comfortable with the situation at hand. "I'm fine. I've been told to take a shower and go to sleep. I've got to follow orders."

"Smart girl," he smirked, and let me leave without another word.

I expected the next day to be awkward. I had never in my life done anything like that, so I didn't know for sure how it'd be. Needless to say, I stayed holed up in my room until at least noon, hoping everyone was too hungover to come bother me.

When I finally emerged from my cave absolutely starving, the three boys were sitting on our couch watching New Girl, a show I had turned them on to after realizing our living situation was pretty similar.

"There's our girl," Zane smiled at me. "I was gonna bother you earlier, but I heard you were cleaning up puke all night, so I let you sleep."

I made eye contact with David, whose face barely changed besides a subtle smirk only I would notice.

"Yeah, it was kind of rough."

I was a horrible liar. I needed to get to the kitchen as fast as I could.

"You should've called one of us. I can't believe you missed your favorite holiday," Jeff told me, and I smiled.

"I had fun by myself," I refused to look at David when I said that. "Honestly, I've always been more of a scary-movie-Halloween girl and not a going-out-Halloween girl, so. Everything worked out."

"What'd you watch?"

It was David who asked that question, and I could've slapped that annoying, smug grin right off his face. Why was he trying to get us caught? He was the one who came up with the whole plan to not get us caught!

"Halloween, duh," I chose that moment to make my way into the kitchen, thankful that no one followed after me with questions of any kind.

I was an easily flustered person, and David not caring whether or not they knew was not helping the situation. I was already regretting having sex with him... not that it was bad or anything, but the idea of having this on my conscience for the rest of the time I knew the boys was almost too much to handle. At that moment, I could've walked right in there and rambled out a confession.

Instead, I made myself a yogurt parfait and retreated back to my room to take a shower and sleep off my hangover.

Jeff was the only one still home when I emerged again to scavenge for dinner. He said, "Good morning, sleepyhead. Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah, let me make myself some dinner. Have you eaten?"

"No."

"Do you want a grilled cheese?"

"Camilla, you shouldn't be eating a grilled cheese. How can I attempt to be your unpaid and unloved and unrespected personal trainer if you don't eat well?"

He was quite possible the most dramatic person in this entire universe, and I lived with Zane. I understood dramatics.

"Make me a salad then, bitch," I rolled my eyes, plopping onto the couch. Jeff smiled when he realized he got his way, but I was honestly too drained to fight with him.

"Yes, your highness," he stood and made his way into the kitchen while I browsed the Hulu selection for an adequate movie.

"Where is everyone?"

"David's with Natalie, and Zane went grocery shopping," Jeff told me.

"Aw, I would've gone with Zane if he asked. I feel bad that he went alone."

"He didn't," I could hear the smirk in Jeff's voice though I wasn't looking at him. "He and Erin were getting pretty cozy at the bar last night, and now they're grocery shopping together."

"Kind of an odd date," I commented with a laugh. "I support it. Zane needs a girlfriend. You guys can go on double dates."

"I see enough of Zane here. I don't want to go on a date with him."

"Boring," I rolled my eyes. "Is Hairspray okay? I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Then, yes."

"Yay!"

Awwww u thought i was gonna write smut?? Thats cute

Xoxo abby