1

"So, Miss Mills, we have finally got your test results from the last time we saw you" Dr Hart announced, entering the room and baring witness to his patient sat with her brother.

"Ooo, can I guess? I'm dying?" Regina sarcastically responded, putting her hand up in the air to help play the part.

"Regina, don't be like that" Rex sternly warned as he sighed in exhaustion of her already.

"Like what? I get dragged out here everyday and for what? Them to tell me I'm still dying" Regina questioned, switching her gaze from Dr Hart and Rex with anger in her words.

"Miss Mills, please remain calm. It's best for you if you do" the kind doctor suggested, knowing her reaction is one he sees often. Regina simply looked down, her eyes teared up a little as she could no longer hold it in. "Your cancer is still spreading, even with our treatment. We are not classing it as terminal yet"

"Yet?" Regina cut in, spitting the words out of her mouth, as she sat up quickly. "What do you mean yet? It's obvious, isn't it? I'm dying! There is no help for me, just class it as terminal and give up" she continued, growing even more angry than she previously was.

"Regina, new drugs are being made everyday and we still have some treatments to try with you. We aren't giving up and we all suggest you don't too" Dr Hart softly replied, knowing the girl has been through a lot in her life.

"It's been 6 years and nothing, why are you still trying" Regina asked as she, finally, snapped her head up and revealed to the men her watery eyes.

"Because, Regina, if there is the smallest chance you can survive, we want to take those odds" Rex quickly said as he knew it should be him to speak to her now.

"I don't care anymore, do what you want. I'm going to go wait in the car" Regina simply replied, standing from her chair and grabbing her bag.

"Regina" Rex called out but the door soon closed, cutting his sound off for her.

Regina just leaned against the door, let out a large sigh as she tried forgetting everything. She wiped her watery eyes to relieve the stress she was feeling. The brunette pushed off the wall, just in time to collide with a girl passing by. Both women fell to the floor, each feeling bad for knocking the other.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't even looking" Regina quickly apologized, sitting up to check the other was ok.

"It was my fault, I was on my phone. Are you ok" the girl kindly asked, rubbing the back of her head to check for a lump.

That's when they locked eyes. Regina was taken back by the beauty of the other woman. She had long, blonde hair that flowed straight down to her lower back. She had green eyes that sparkled in the small ray of sunlight. She was very beautiful and Regina clearly thought so. This girl went by the name of Emma Swan. The blonde giggled a little, noticing Regina was just staring at her.

"What? Oh, I'm ok... Thanks. Are you alright? Did you hit your head" Regina quickly asked, feeling a little embarrassed she was caught staring so much.

"I'm alright, just a little knock. I'm Emma"

"Regina"

"That is a really pretty name. Latin, right? Princess or Queen, something royal" Emma questioned, trying to remember her boring English teacher telling them.

"Queen, yes. That's impressive, not many people know that" Regina replied with a shy giggle, not sure how to react to this.

"I thought so. Well, Regina, you look stressed, don't suppose you'd like to get coffee and talk" Emma offered, nervously, as she used her hand to refix her hair.