27

Regina was sat in the car beside Rex, parked outside Katya's house. Regina knew this is where Emma was staying. She was trying to use all the strength she had for this, she was just too weak to enjoy the moment.

"Go get your girl" Rex encouraged, smiling happily to encourage his sister.

"I'm going" Regina said with a smile, trying so hard to move her body from the spot.

"Are you" Rex asked with a confused look, seeing the woman just looking at the building. Regina snapped her head at him with a glare, knowing it was obvious she was trying. "Right, I'll go get your girl and you wait here" Rex quickly said, not liking the look he was just given.

Rex went to the building and pushed the button with 12 on it, waiting for someone. Regina was sat with a worried face, scared that she may not get the blonde back. She looked over to see Rex, he was still waiting.

"Hello" Katya said into the speak, using the wall to hold herself up.

"Hi, I'm looking for Emma Swan" Rex requested, taken back to hear a voice other than the one expecting.

"Alright, one second" Katya replied, turning towards the apartment she was in. "Emma, someone wants to talk to you"

"Who" Emma asked with a confused look, standing from the sofa.

"I don't know but take the needle out your arm and answer the door" Katya sighed as she walked away, heading towards the sofa.

"Alright, fine" Emma said with a dramatic sigh, walking towards the door. She took the needle out and placed it into her pocket, lifting the door phone to her ear. "Hello"

"Hey, Em, it's Rex"

"Oh, hey Rex" Emma answered with a smile, resting against the door due to being high.

"Can you come down, I need a quick chat" Rex asked, worried he would get a no from her.

"It's about Regina, isn't it? I'll be down in a minute" Emma replied as she hung the phone up, scared her ex girlfriend was definitely dying.

Rex smiled a little as he waited, glancing over his shoulder to see his sister. It was clear to anyone who looked at her, she was scared and weak. Rex wanted to be happy that Regina would survive but he can't until he sees her physically getting better. The door to the building them opened, causing him to look round at Emma.

"Hi" Rex said with a smile, happy to see the woman even though she was high.

"Rex, what's up" Emma asked with a worried face, still scared at what was to be said.

"Regina's in the car, she wants to talk to you privately" Rex said, gesturing to his car beside them.

"I'm way too high to be doing this" Emma awkwardly replied, shaking her head with a tired look.

"I know and she will instantly know too, just go talk to her" Rex said with a smile, sitting down on the step beside them.

Emma looked worried at him, then to the car. She sighed and walked over, quickly climbing into the driver's seat. Regina looked across and sighed in relief, smiling a little at the sight of her. She looked into the green waiting eyes, seeing she was high as a kite.

"What is it" Emma asked, looking away as she knew the brunette was staring at her eyes.

"You're high"

"Obviously, what do you want"

Regina didn't say anything, she didn't know what to say. She just looked down and thought about everything. Emma glanced across at her and saw the struggle, knowing whatever it was clearly was important. She looked away and let her think, waiting for her to start.

"I love you... I've loved you since the day I met you and I never stopped, I never will" Regina started, looking at her hands  as she took slow breaths. She lifted her head to look at Emma, the pair finally locking eyes. "I beat my cancer, they cured me today and they're taking me off  treatment next week"

"You did it?" Emma questioned with a smile, shocked by what she was just told.

"Yeah, I did it. I would have gave up ages ago or starved to death or something if it wasn't for you so thank you" Regina said with a smile, holding her hand in hope the blonde takes it.

"I'm happy for you, I really am" Emma said, smiling a little with a chuckle as she looked out the window.

"Is it crazy of me to ask you out" Regina asked, knowing the blonde wasn't as happy as she'd hoped.

"Yeah, that's crazy to ask" Emma replied with a laugh of shock, shaking her head at the woman. Regina sighed as she rested her head back, knowing she should have expected that. "Regina, you fucking hurt me so bad and you keep doing it. You shut me out every chance you get because you're scared but you don't realise it kills me every time you make me walk away. I love you so much and all you do is kick me away, I fucking proposed and that wasn't good enough" Emma snapped in annoyance, trying to avoid even looking at the woman.

"Em"

"No! I'm done" Emma cut in, pushing the car door open and getting out.

Regina let her eyes tear up, knowing she has no right to argue what was said. Emma walked over to the door, seeing Rex standing up with a confused look. She ignored and continued to the door.

"Em, give her a chance to explain" Rex softly asked, knowing this wasn't going to be easy.

"No, I did give her a chance and she didn't give a good enough reason. Just because she's cured now, doesn't mean she won't get scared and kick me away again. I can't keep doing this" Emma sighed her response, keeping her eye on the door handle the whole time.

"She kicks everyone away, she always has. Even before the cancer, she would kick everyone away because that was how she was brought up. My nan made Regina feel like shit her whole life, always making her feel like she was hurting anyone around her. Regina was just like my mother and she reminded my nan of her every day we were there. The woman broke Regina and took every ounce of pain she had out on her; she's the reason Regina thinks she is hurting everyone and she's the reason Regina kicks people away before she gets hurt" Rex explained, knowing the blonde wasn't never told about the Mills grandmother.

Emma thought about what was just said, knowing it was similar to how her mother treated her. Regina had never spoke of her deceased grandmother, she was just a reminder of the thing she blocked out. Emma looked over her shoulder at Rex, seeing the truth in his eyes. She then looked at Regina, stressed in the car but unable to move.

"I know what it's like to be raised by someone who makes you feel like that, that was my cruel mother. I can't be with someone that will find any excuse to get rid of me"