22

Regina was at work, a few people who worked for her stood around the desk. Everyone was talking and discussing what different suggestions for what she should do. Regina was tired, weak even, and barely paying attention to what was being said. She was rested against her desk chair, trying to make herself think. With all the voices around her, she couldn't hear her own thoughts.

"Everyone, just stop talking" Regina said in a mumbled voice, closing her eyes to reduce her headache. The room fell quiet as they all looked towards her, awaiting her decision. Regina looked up and saw them all waiting, unsure who to pick. "I wasn't listening. I'll fire the one who gets us bankrupt so who is confident their idea will work" Regina asked with a sigh, knowing she can be a very stern boss like her father.

"I'm confident mine will" Debbie said as she pushed forward, knowing she will be rewarded if she is right.

"And me" John quickly said, knowing he wants to be the one to help.

"I trust Debbie most, take your idea and tell Rex to start it now" Regina said with a sigh, resting against her desk chair with a sigh.

"But, Ma'am" John went to argue, pushing past the woman chosen.

"Do I look like I'm in the mood to be argued with right now" Regina asked with a glare, knowing she refused to be talked back to.

"No, but"

"Then get out of my office"

John sighed as he turned around and walked out, followed by the rest of the group. Regina sighed as she rested against her seat, tossing her glasses onto the table. She rubbed her eyes due to stress, fighting to stay awake. She stretched to a draw and opened it, taking out some of her medication. She quickly took it before relaxing back, hoping it will keep her awake. Rex then walked in, startling her.

"Statistics" he said, kicking the door shut as he walked to the desk. "What's up? You look tired"

"I'm so tired, I can barely focus or even stay awake at the moment" Regina sighed, trying to sit up but physically unable.

"Then go home, Gina. I honestly think it's time for you to take your leave now until you're better at least" Rex said as he dropped onto the chair in front of the desk.

"I can't, I have so much work to do and no one else can do it" Regina said with a yawn, closing her heavy eyelids.

"Then start teaching me now, at least the basics so I can cover from here and you cover from home" Rex suggested, knowing it was pointless for the brunette to suffer like this.

"You think you can handle my half? Right, come here and look at this" Regina said with a laugh of disbelief, gesturing for the man to stand. Rex walked around the table and looked at her forms. "Do you know what that means"

"No but looks bad" Rex replied with a confused look, unsure how it all worked.

"Actually good, it means we went up in the market. This bit is the part that isn't good, do you know why" Regina asked as she pointed to a diagram on her laptop.

"I know you're being patronising now. Just teach me, Gina, it won't be that bad" Rex sighed as his eyes scanned the papers, still looking for the answer.

"No, you aren't going to get it. Bring me whoever is second to me and I will assess them. If they prove good enough, they shall have my job while I'm gone. If not, I will hire someone" Regina demanded, knowing she many be younger but she was the big, big boss of the company.

"You need to have more faith in people, little sis" Rex laughed as he rolled his eyes, walking to the door.

"No, I need people to live up to my standards or leave" Regina replied, resting back against her chair and closing her eyes.

Rex just laughed and left the office, allowing his sister to sigh allowed. She picked her phone up and saw a message from Emma. She unlocked her phone and read the message; doing as it said and calling the woman. It rang a few times before an answer.

"Hey, beautiful" Emma answered with a smile, putting the phone on blue tooth in the car.

"Hey, what's up? You asked me to call you" Regina asked, trying not to yawn or fall asleep.

"Yes, I did. How are you feeling, you seemed tired and grumpy this morning" Emma questioned softly, focusing her stare on the road.

"I'm fine, just a bit weak and tired. I need to talk to the doctor and get better meds" Regina replied with a slight smile, happy the blonde cared so much.

"I'm driving by there in now, on my way to a job, so if you phone them I can grab on my way back" Emma offered, hearing in the brunettes voice that she wasn't motivated.

"Yeah, I will when we hang up" Regina tiredly replied, feeling her heavy eyes beginning to shut.

"Right, well I am at my job now but I will call you after to grab the medication for you. Love you baby" Emma said with a smile, parking the car beside the road.

"Love you too, bye" Regina said with a yawn, hanging up the phone.

Emma could heard how tired she was, knowing it wasn't due to lack of sleep. She went into a shop and saw it had been ripped apart and vandalized. She walked to the counter where a man was stood stressing on the phone.

"He took my fucking money as well" the man snapped over the phone, pacing a lot so he couldn't see the blonde.

"Excuse me" Emma said, trying to get the owners attention.

"We have been robbed, we're closed" the man said with a sigh, dismissing her with his hand.

"Deputy Swan. can you hang the phone so we can talk" Emma said, showing her badge to the man.

"You're the deputy" he questioned, looking baffled at the woman before him. He hung the phone up and looked her up and down. "You're a woman"

"So"

"So how can you do anything"

Emma jumped over the counter and pinned the man to the wall in one move. He looked terrified by this as he just pressed up against it. Emma moved back and smiled at him.

"Enough proof or should I should you're shop" Emma asked with annoyance, knowing men always question her.

"Sorry, deputy" the man nervously replied, lowering his head in shame.

"Now, what happened here" Emma asked, walking around the counter to look at the shop.

"Here's a list of what was stollen and how much, including the cash register" the man replied, holding his list to the deputy.

"Thanks. Oh and by the way; next time a woman comes in, don't make yourself look a dick" Emma informed, heading out the shop with a smile.

She hated that people always done that, assume she's not good enough because she's a woman. As she looked down, she saw muddy footprints going into the shop, similar to the ones on the beat up boxes, but never leave. She quietly walked back in, seeing the man was back on the phone.

"She brought it" he said with a smile, turning to lean against the wall. As he saw her, he jumped and dropped the phone. "Jeez, you scared me"

"I just have one more questioned" Emma said, using her eyes to follow the different muddy footprints all over the shop and to the counter. She walked around it, causing the man to look worried. "Can you take your shoe off for me and lie it on the counter"

"Why"

"Because I said so"

"Ok" the man said with a confused look, slipping his shoe off his foot. He placed it on the counter, revealing mud all around the edge. Emma turned it to the side and mud covered the bottom. She quickly turned round and pinned him to the wall, cuffing his hands. "You are under arrest for fraud. You do have the right to remains silent but"

"Get off me" he said over her, trying to wiggle out the grip.

"Anything you say will be used against you in the court of law" Emma continued, dragging the man off the wall and out the shop.