11

It's been a month and Regina was walking out the hospital, feeling tired and weak from her new treatment. She walked over to her brothers car, climbing into the passenger side before looking at him.

"How was it" Rex asked as he started his car up, glancing across to see her.

"Same as always, they shoved a needle in my arm and injected crap that won't help me" Regina sighed, slouching in the seat and closing her eyes.

"That's the positive spirit to have" Rex said with a chuckle, use to hearing all of this by now. He started driving out the parking lot, heading towards their work. "When we get to work, I'll go straight down to the trading floor and get the stats"

"I'll get last week's stats off helga and meet you in the office, we can work from there" Regina tiredly said, rubbing her eyes to relieve some stress.

"You still going out tonight" Rex asked, glancing across at his yawning sister.

"No, I told Emma I was tired and going to have a quiet night alone" Regina replied with a sigh, knowing she regretted cancelling.

"You can go home if you want, I can sort everything out for today" Rex offered, knowing the brunette isn't a happiest when tired.

"No, I'm fine. Besides if you want something done right in this company, you must do it yourself" Regina sighed, looking out the window with a grumpy voice.

"I'm capable of doing it right, dad left the company to both of us" Rex said with an annoyed look, feeling offended at what she said.

"Yes but you can't handle my half the business, you're good on the floor" Regina said with a slight chuckle in disbelief at her brothers comment. Rex wanted to argue but knew she was right, Regina was phenomenal at her work and the company would have broken down without her on a few occasions. Senior members at the work place have said she runs it just as good as her father did. Regina thought about this, thinking about the company and her death. "What happens to Mills trading when I die"

"I take it and run it of course" Rex replied as if that was obvious to the brunette.

"But like I just said, you can't do my half of the work" Regina said quickly, knowing her brother would loose the company.

"Then we can start from now with you training me just in case you do die" Rex replied, giving a small smile as he glanced across at her. Regina smiled back before facing out the window, knowing her brother is doing everything he can. "So, new topic. How are you and Emma doing"

"We're umm... Yeah, we are doing good" Regina said with slight hesitation in her voice, thinking about the last few weeks.

"The hesitation in your voice said otherwise" Rex said with a chuckle, looking across at the woman in disbelief.

"No, we are it's just a really tough time for us at the moment. With her trying to get sober and me trying to survive, we're both a bit on edge. I know I can't complain, we knew what was happening when we went into this" Regina said with a slight sigh, looking out the window beside her.

"You are allowed to compalin, neither of you knew it was going to be that hard. Think of it this way though, she loves you so much and you love her just as much so fighting is worth it" rex said with a slight chuckle, knowing the pair were crazy about each other.

"I guess you're right. I love her more than I knew was possible, I think I'm just scared I'll loose her" Regina said with a sad face, thinking about the future.

"Regina, you have to stop thinking like that. You are so paranoid about one of you dying, you can't enjoy this. Live your life to the fullest with her just in case you die of cancer or she dies of drugs" Rex said with a sigh, knowing his sister always other thinks this stuff.

"You're right. Here, stop the car" Regina quickly said, smiling as she sat up more from her seat.

"Why" Rex asked with a confused look, driving the car to the side of the road.

"Emma lives round the corner and isn't working, I'm going to live a little" Regina replied as she unbuckled her belt, quickly opening the door.

"What about work"

"You said you can handle today if I'm tired, well I'm tired"

"Regina, seriously" Rex sighed as he watched her climb out the car, shock she was leaving.

"Yeah, I'm going to sleep at Emma's. Adios, brother" Regina replied with a smirk, closing the door and moving away from the car.

She laughed as she walked down the street, heading towards her girlfriends house. Rex rolled his eyes as he knew something like that would happen. Regina soon made it too Emma's and headed straight up to her apartment. She knocked on the door and waited. As the door opened, Emma was talking and laughing at someone inside the apartment. She looked forward and saw the brunette stood there.

"Gina, what you doing here" Emma asked in a slurred voice, trying to mask it but doing a bad job.

"Are you... What did you take" Regina asked in an annoyed voice, seeing it in the blondes eyes.

"Nothing, I'm fine" Emma replied with a chuckle, leaning against the door to hold herself up. Regina raised an eyebrow at her, using her eyes to intimidate the blonde. "Heroine... But I washed it down with whiskey... Which is worse"

"Yeah, that's worse. You couldn't even stay sober for me, Em" Regina said in a disappointed sigh, looking at the blonde with broken eyes.

"Gina, I'm trying" Emma quickly said, stepping out the house to hold her there.

"Ok, prove it. If you can give me a good enough reason for this then I'll believe you're trying" Regina said in a stern tone, showing she was angry at the blonde.

"I... Well, I umm"

"I've heard enough" Regina cut in, turning to leave the space.

"No, Gina, I'm sorry" Emma quickly said, catching her arm before she could walk away.

"No, don't! You gave up, instead of calling me like we agreed, you just gave up! You couldn't even do it for me" Regina snapped, yanking her arm from the blondes grip.

"I am trying, I don't want to loose you" Emma said in a begging tone, pulling the brunette back towards her.

"Well might just have" Regina replied, slipping out the blondes grip and walking off down the hall.

"Shit... Shit, shit, shit!" Emma huffed, repeatedly punching the wall each time she swore.

"Emma, what are you doing" Katya asked in confusion, trying to look towards the door to see her best friend.

"Fuck!" Emma shouted in anger, punching her hand through the wall.

Regina heard the blonde curse from the stair case, causing her to stop and look round. She sighed and continued down the stairs, tears down her face. She quickly left the building and headed home, moving in a fast pace due to her pain. She had a feeling Emma still secretly done drugs or something behind her back, now she knew. She arrived home, unlocked the door and rushed up to her room. Regina broke down on her bed, crying as she had felt portrayed. She stayed there for an hour, mostly staring at the ceiling as she thought about Emma. Her phone then began ringing. She saw it was an unknown number so quickly answered.

"Hello" she answered, trying to mask the crack in her voice.

"Hi, this is the hospital. Am I speaking with a Regina Mills" a woman asked, looking at her forms to know what she was saying.

"Yes, this is she. Did I miss an appointment" Regina asked with a confused face, sitting up to grab her appointment sheet.

"No, Miss, this isn't about you. I am calling because you are Emma Swan's emergency contact. Emma has had an overdose and was rushed into hospital" the woman replied, reading off her forms in a soft tone.

"What... Is she alive, please tell me she's alive"