9

It's the next day, Regina was led in bed at midday as she simply didn't want to get up. She hasn't slept at all, just staring at the ceiling or on her phone to distract herself. She was just curled up in a ball, blankets all over her to hide the world from her. Rex came in, worried for his sister's absent, to see her in that state.

"Gina, come on. You have to get out of bed at some point" Rex softly said, remembering to the night before with the brunette crying in his arms.

"I don't want to" Regina replied, hiding her face more with the covers.

"If you are so upset by this, then go back to her. I hate to say it but I know you love her" Rex said with a sigh, not liking the blonde but preferring then together.

"I can't, it's complicated" Regina simply said, rolling over to face the other side.

"The doctors said something, didn't they" Rex questioned, knowing his sister wouldn't have just done this to cause herself pain. Regina teared up and sniffled, tell her brother he was right. "Gina, what did they say"

"My chances of survival are a lot lower than before, the treatments aren't working and they may class it as terminal soon. Why let Emma fall in love with me if she's going to loose me? It's better now than in a in a month" Regina replied, her eyes teared up and her body shaking.

"Don't think about that, think about how you want to go. Your chances have lowered, not stopped. It's not terminal get so don't waste your life crying in bed, waste in cuddled up with Emma" Rex said with a sigh, resting against the wall as he watched his sister sulk.

"She told me she loves me, I don't want to put her through all this just for me to die" Regina said, tearing up a bit and she pulled the covers over her more.

"But do you want to go through this and survive it without Emma? Look, I know you love her, it's obvious, so get out of bed and go down there" Rex asked with a stern look, knowing he knows what the brunette is thinking.

"No, I can't do that to her" Regina said, showing in her voice she was being stern.

The front door then knocked. Rex saw as his sister didn't move a muscle, causing him to sigh and roll his eyes. He left Regina's room and went downstairs, pulling the door open to reveal Emma stood there.

"Hey" Rex said, a little shocked that the blonde was stood there.

"Umm hi, I'm sorry to just turn up. Please tell me Regina is here" Emma asked with a slight smile, looking at the man with a worried face as she shook from the cold.

"Yeah, she's upstairs but she might not come down. You're welcome to go up though she isn't in a good mood" Rex softly replied, stepping out the way to let the blonde in.

"Thank you" Emma quickly said, slipping into the house as she was shivering lots.

Emma went over to the stairs and slowly walked up, feeling hungover from her being high and drunk the night before. She hasn't taken anything or had a sip of alcohol since 9 that last night, a new record for the blonde. She knocked on Regina's door and waited.

"Rex, just leave me to hate everything on my own" Regina huffed, curling up more into the covers so she was no longer seen. Emma walked into the room, slowly closing the door behind her. Regina looked round to tell her brother off, seeing Emma stood there. "What are you doing here"

"You told me not to call so I came here, I need to talk to you" Emma softly said, shaking a little and looking tired at the brunette.

"Are you cold" Regina asked with a curious face, seeing her sweating while also shaking.

"No, sober" Emma simply replied, shrugging off the feeling she had.

"Sober, sober or your drugs just wore off" Regina asked with slight disbelief, knowing she's heard that before.

"I haven't drunk or injected anything since 9 o'clock last night" Emma replied, feeling slightly proud of herself for what she has done.

"That's good, well done" Regina simply said, curling back into the covers to face the other way. "Is that what you came to say"

"No, I came to ask why you said that yesterday" Emma asked with a curious face, walking closer to the brunettes bed.

"Said what"

"That you're done with us"

"Because I am, don't make this harder than it is" Regina begged in a soft tone, trying to make the crack in her voice.

"Why? I know you feel the same way I do, I saw it in your eyes when I walked in" Emma softly asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and placing her hand on the covers.

"Because"

"Because what"

"Because I try more than you" Regina huffed in annoyance, knowing she gave that excuse already.

"I don't believe that's the reason because you know I'm trying. What is the real reason you said that yesterday" Emma sternly asked, looking at the brunette annoyed.

"Get out, Swan" Regina sternly ordered, hiding herself under the covers even more.

"No, answer me" Emma demands with an angry tone, yanking the covers off the brunette.

"Because I love you! I love you and I'm going to die! THAT'S FUCKING WHY" Regina snapped, sitting up to look at the blonde in anger.

"You're not going to die, baby" Emma softly said, resting her hand on the brunettes thigh to reassure her.

"My chances have dropped a lot and they are considering classing my cancer as terminal, there is a strong chance I'll die than live. I don't want to hurt you, I don't want us to go through all this just for it to end like that" Regina replied with teary eyes, looking into the blondes eyes in fear.

Emma wrapped her arms around Regina's neck, pulling her close. They held each other close, Emma allowing Regina to sob in her shoulder. The blonde kissed her head a few times to held sooth her, feeling the fear in her body.

"Don't think about that, I love you so much and I don't want to loose you because of a chance. We will survive, I promise you" Emma softly whispered, rocking side to side to sooth the woman.

"What if I don't" Regina asked in fear, her body still shaking in her girlfriends arms.

"What if I don't? I have just as much chance at dying today as you do. We are both going to get better. I'm going to get sober and you are going to get as much help from doctors as you can" Emma said with a soft voice, pulling away to look at the brunette.

"I want to be with you until we die" Regina said with a smile, tears down her face as she look at the blonde.

"And after that" Emma softly said, moving some hair behind her ear as she bit her lip.

They both smiled happily at each other, leaning in to kiss. As they joined the kiss, they deepened it and moved closer. Regina wrapped her arms around Emma's neck, both lying down and pulling the covers over their bodies. Rex was downstairs in the lounge, eating a bowl of popcorn. He then heard a muffled moan from upstairs, causing his gaze to travel up.

"EMMA, BABY" Regina called out in pleasure, gripping the sheets over her body.

"Dammit, Regina" Rex huffed, standing up from the sofa in annoyance. "Couldn't wait till I was gone" he sighed as he headed towards the front door, yanking it open to leave.