7

A week past, Regina and Emma were sat in a care having lunch. The pair were laughing and smiling at each other, awaiting their order.

"I told you your brother doesn't like me" Emma laughed as she rest back against her seat, showing she knew she was right.

"He does like you, he's just not a fan of us together" Regina said with a giggle, trying to phrase it in the best way she could.

"He thinks I'm a bad influence"

"You are a bad influence"

"I'm not that bad" Emma cut in with a laugh, knowing all too well that she was.

"I'm meant to be at work right now,  you convinced me to call in sick so we could have lunch" Regina replied with a laugh, rolling her eyes at the blonde. Emma giggled as she knew that was true, not feeling bad about it at all. "I'd rather be here with you anyway"

"Exactly" Emma said, chuckling along with her girlfriend as they looked at each other.

"Here you go, ladies. One Caesar Salad for you, madam, and one chicken burger with extra mayo for you" the waitress said, placing the salad in front of Regina and the burger in front of Emma.

"Thank you" the pair said at the same time, both smiling as they were hungry.

The waitress gave them a final smile before turning to walk away. As she past a table, a transgender woman by the name of Carla stopped her.

"Excuse me, miss. Can you tell me where the ladies toilets are" she asked in a kind voice, grabbing her bag from the seat beside her.

"Just through there" the waitress replied, smiling before she went to the counter.

"I'm sorry, did you say the ladies toilets" a woman in her mid forties, Karen, asked, sitting in the table next to Regina and Emma.

"Yeah but I found it now, thanks" Carla replied with a smile, standing from the table with her bag.

"But you're a man" Karen said with a confused look, catching the attention of Emma and Regina. "You should be in the men's"

"No, I'm a woman. If you'd like to go first, you can and then I'll go after" Carla kindly suggested, knowing some times people have trouble with it.

"But that's not the point, you are a man. What if my daughter wanted to go to the toilet while you were there? I wouldn't feel comfortable with her using the bathroom with a man in there" Karen said, still looking confused why this woman was arguing with her on it.

"Are you being serious" Regina asked the older woman, looking at her with shock.

"No, why would I be" Karen asked with a laugh of surprise, taken back by the brunette joining the conversation.

"Because what you just said is wrong. She is a woman, let her go to the bathroom" Regina huffed her response, still shocked this woman said what she did.

"Go on, just ignore her" Emma encouraged, gesturing towards toilets with a smile.

"But it's not right, that's a man" Karen said as she looked at the brunette with an annoyed face.

"Here, I'll come with you" Emma offered, ignoring the older woman was even there still.

"Thank you" Carla said with a smile, standing up once again to follow the blonde.

"She's a woman, not a that. Don't treat her like she's anything else" Regina sternly said, feeling so hurt by what the woman said to Carla.

"But"