2

It's a week later, Regina and Emma had been texting all week and calling most nights. They were really starting to like each other, unexpectedly. Tonight Emma had asked to take Regina on a date, she was currently on her way to get her. Regina was applying lipstick in her hallway mirror.

"Reg, are you sure about this? I mean, she's not  exactly your type in anyways" Rex questioned from the lounge doorway, leaning against the frame as he watched her.

"I like her, what's the big deal" Regina asked with a sigh, still looking in the mirror to touch up her makeup.

"I'm just worried for you, that's all. I get a weird feeling about this girl" Rex replied, pushing off the wall to walk towards her.

"It will be fine, she's so sweet and funny and so hot. Stop going all big brother on me for once" Regina sighed, rolling her eyes as she used her finger to wipe some lipstick from her face.

"Fine, I'm sorry" Rex said, admitting defeat as he stood behind her in the mirror. He smiled at his sister, causing a confused look from her. "You look very pretty, stop fiddling with ur makeup"

"Thanks, Rex" Regina replied with a smile, turning round to face the taller man. As she hugged him, the door knocked. They both shared an awkward look, knowing neither wanted to be together when the door opened. "I will see you later"

"Yep, I'm going to the lounge. Have fun and be safe" Rex quickly said, walking away so he didn't watch his sister greet her date.

"I will" Regina replied with an eye roll, heading to open the door. As she pulled it open, her breathing caught in her throat. Emma was stood in a black suit with a bow tight done perfectly. Regina wore a long black dress with a slit to her hip bone. The pair just admired each other, seeing how beautiful the other was. "You look amazing, whoa"

"You look gorgeous in that dress" Emma said with a smile, letting her eyes meet the brunette in front. She moved her hand from behind her back to reveal a rose she was holding. "For you"

"Aren't you a gentleman" Regina said with a chuckle, happily taking the rose.

"Always" Emma replied, smirking as she chuckled to herself.

Regina giggled as she stepped out the house, closing the door behind them. They walked to the Uber Emma was previously in, the blonde opening the door for Regina. The pair got in and strapped up, allowing the driver to begin his route. The journey was quiet, both still surprised at the others outfit choice. Emma reached across and held Regina's hand, causing her to smile and blush.

"So, where are we going" Emma asked, knowing the brunette picked the restaurant.

"We're here, have a look" Regina replied, gesturing out the window at the restaurant.

Emma leaned across a little to see the sign, Maritza's. It was the biggest restaurant in town, hard to get into and expensive once in. Even Regina being rich, she struggled to get into a place like Maritza's. Emma looked at Regina shocked, chuckling a little as she did.

"Maritza's? How" Emma asked, unbuckling from her seat and opening the door.

"I know Maritza, we went to school together. She got me a reservation and 50% discount" Regina replied with a smile, knowing this is one of her favourite restaurants in town.

"This is insane, I've never been here before" Emma said with a shocked smile, walking around the car to meet the brunette.

"It's so nice" Regina replied, smiling as she led the way to the entrance. The pair walked in and over to the guy stood by the door, taking reservations. "Hi, table for Regina"