chapter eighteen

- Nene -

"Alright so what am I supposed to be doing exactly?" I asked after taking a sip of apple juice

Apple juice is better than orange juice <3

"Before I start, does anybody know you're here?" Boomer asked me and I raised my eyebrow.

Okay okay okay, I did tell Sydnee but not everything !

"Nobody knows i'm here, besides it's 10 in the morning" I said then yawned.

"Okay so look, you've been texting Latrell like we told you to right?" Juice asked me and I nodded.

"We've been texting for at least 2 weeks now" I said showing them.

"Has he asked you if he wanted to see you?" Key asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah" I responded.

"Make a date at the Marriott hotel for 3:00" Boomer said and I got to texting.

"Ion feel comfortable being in no hotel room with this opp ass nigga for this long Juice" I said while texting at the same time.

"We gone be with you every step of the way" Juice said and I took a breath then pressed send.

I wanna see you today... Marriott at 3 ?

I heard knocking at the door catching everybody's attention.

"Who finna open it?" I asked and we all looked at each other.

"Juice it's yo house nigga" Boomer said then Juice sighed and got up checking the peep hole.

"What the fuck is Sydnee doing here?" Juice whispered and Key shook his head.

"You told her didn't you Jania?" Juice asked me and I gaped open my mouth, but she began knocking again before I got to speak.

"Y'all some fake ass bitches, I see y'all cars outside. But it's cool" Sydnee shouted from outside.

"Fuck man" Key said getting up and opening the door stepping outside.

- Sydnee -

"Wow" was all I said once I seen Key step outside.

"Mane what the fuck is you doing here?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"I came because I can" I said and he shook his head.

"Do you not understand that i'm trynna protect you Sydnee?" he said and I frowned.

"Protect me from what?" I said and he sighed.

"My nigga you're a target! Fuck you mean from what? I don't get why you so mad about a set up that your ass not included in. You think this life is a game?" he said and I bit my lip holding in my tears.