chapter sixty

ima need some mo damn comments.
ty to those that do, you are loved <3 .

-Sydnee
2:30 pm

"Bae you know what would be good right now?" I said as he laid on my lap scrolling through his phone.

"Hmm?" he said without moving his lips.

"A cotton candy pickle" I said thinking bout it. I was on instagram and Dearra posted one, and I was like ew... but mmm.

"That shit sound nasty as fuck" he said and I sighed.

"Because you don't like pickles, that's the only reason you said that" I said and he shrugged.

"Sure in the fuck don't" he said. I looked back into my phone and read the time 2:34 pm.

"Get off of me, I gotta go to my appointment before I'm late" I said and he rolled over.

"Lemme come witchu" he said and I laughed.

"No, it's probably not even that serious i'll let you know what it is when I get there" I said and he sucked his teeth.

"Aight, I love you. Gimme a kiss" I said bending down pecking his lips.

"I love you too" he said back and I left his room making my way to my car parked in the driveway.

Mommy 🤍 wants to facetime ...
connecting ...

"You betta be on yo way too" she said as soon as the call connected.

"Ma I just got in the car" I said laughing.

"Sydnee this don't make no damn sense. You can't ever go to the doctor without me" she said and I smiled.

"I be needing a hand to hold with a little support" I said turning out the neighborhood.

"Okay, lemme know when you here" she said and I nodded and continued to drive.

...

"Hello Ms. Denise i'm Doctor Freeman and i'm going to be assisting you today" she said with a small smile.

"Hello" I said nicely.

"I see you brought your sister with you" she said and me and my mama laughed.

"Baby I wish, i'm her mother Mrs. Bryant" she said and the doctor raised her eyebrows.

"Wow, what's the secret?" the doctor said laughing.

"That Melanin chile" she said sharing a laugh with the doctor.

"Okay so would you like a blood test or a urine test?" she asked and I thought about it.

"Urine, i'm scared of needles" I said and she laughed.

She went in a drawer and pulled out a urine cup and passed it to me.

"Okay well the restroom is right across the hall, and I'll be waiting for you in here while you take care of your business" she said and I nodded hopping off of the bed and walking to the restroom.

"How the fuck am I supposed to pee in this little ass cup" I said then squatted above the toilet putting the cup right under my urine hole.

"Ew, this shit touched my hand" I said lowly. Once I finished I put the lid on it and washed my hands twice.

I walked back to the room and handed her the cup. She got it then said she'd be right back with the results and I nodded.

"I'm scared, what if it's a tumor in my stomach" I said and my mama sucked her teeth.

"Don't be saying no shit like that girl" she said and I took a deep breath beginning to have a panic attack.

"Sydnee calm down, you'll be fine" My mama said and I opened my eyes staring at the ceiling.

5 minutes later

"Okay so from my test results, the reason your stomach has been aching like that on the left side of your belly is because you have a fetus growing inside of you... you're pregnant— congratulations!" she said and my eyes widened.

"Pregnant?" my mama and I said at the same time in disbelief.

"How far long is she?" my mama asked.

"Only 2 days in" she said and I closed my eyes shaking my head.

"Well can I see the baby?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well, you can't really see it since it's only 2 days old. But you can schedule an appointment when you're 5 weeks in to come back and see your baby" she said and I nodded.

"Would you like for me to be your nurse that helps throughout your pregnancy?" she asked me and I nodded.

"Okay great. I'll be right back with your papers then i'll let you be on your way" she said and I nodded. She left the room then I looked at my mama.

"Don't ask me to fucking babysit, because I am not doing it" she said crossing her arms.

-

"I'm backk" I said walking into Key's room seeing he was on the game playing with the guys.

"What they said was wrong withchu?" he asked and I tucked in my lips. He muted his mic taking his headset off putting his focus on me.

I dug in my purse for the paper and held it out for him to read. I felt tears coming out of my eyes and he smiled standing up.

"You pregnant baby?" he said reading the paper.

"Yes, i'm pregnant" I said wiping my tears.

"Let's fucking goooooo!!!" he said jumping up and down then bringing me into a hug.

I smiled at the fact that he was happy. I hugged him back, but for some reason tears kept falling down my eyes and they wouldn't stop.

"We finna be parents baby" he said placing a kiss on my forehead.
_______________________________

team boy ? 💙

team girl ? 💖