chapter fifty-four

-Key
7:32 pm

"Who that nigga is in the basement?" I asked as I sat in the office with the crew.

"His name is Terrance Howard" Juice said scrolling on a computer. "I know that nigga" he added shaking his head.

"How?" Boomer asked.

"He shot at a officer fa my cousin Symere, but something not adding up. Ima figure it out though" he said with a serious look on his face.

"Fuck he down there fa? What he did?" Tre asked stretching.

"Mane stop asking questions, y'all losing my trail of fuckin thought" Juice said rubbing his eyes.

"Taquan ion give a fuck" Tre said looking him up and down.

"And a fuck don't give you Tremaine" Juice answered back.

"Y'all some fuckin clowns man" Boomer said looking in his phone.

-

"Wake up" I said kissing Sydnee neck watching her squirm in her sleep.

"Okay okay okay" she mumbled then opened her eyes. I smiled then kissed her making her blush.

"What're you doing here? It's so late" she said checking her phone reading 2:19.

"I wanted ta see you" I mumbled getting in the bed. She rolled over laying on my chest and wrapping her legs around me.

"I love you" she said pecking my lips repeatedly.

"I love you more big mama" I said making her laugh for the first time.

"My daddy used to call my mama that when she was pregnant with Tori. I don't know why but it stuck with me forever" she said playing with my chain.

"What ima call you when you get pregnant?" I asked her and she lightly slapped my chest.

"Don't speak that into existence" she mumbled.

"I'm just saying" I mumbled.

"Markeyvius are you okay?" she asked me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why you asking me that, yea i'm okay" I said and she shrugged.

"Because you never know what people are going through if they don't show it, so Ima ask again— Are you okay?" she asked and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"No— i'm not okay" I answered and I felt her heart beat change.

"What's wrong?" she asked and I shrugged.

"After losing my brother, I've been a depressed ass nigga ever since. Ion wish that pain on nobody man. It's dog eat dog out hea, I gotta watch my back fearing fa my life every fuckin day" I said.

"People say talk ta god about it, but shit I can't. He only look out fa the good because Demetrius would still be here. Ion feel like nobody want me man" I said and Sydnee sat up looking at me with a tear damn near falling out of her eye.

"I want you" she said wiping her face putting her arms around my neck and her face in the crook of my neck.

"What you crying fa mama?" I asked her and she sniffled.

"Because ion want you to feel like that" she said wiping her eye again.

"And God forgives us if you ask for his forgiveness. He doesn't just see the bad in you, you're a good person ta him and me" she said and I bit down on my lip.

"What have I done that's good Sydnee?" I asked and she smiled.

"You bought my mama and my sister some food— yeen have to do that. You protect your sister before anything. You visited your dad not only for your sake but for his— Key you do a lot. I wish you could see what I see" she said caressing the side of my face.

"I guess, i'm glad you hea wimme" I said and she smiled.

"So am I" she said then kissed my cheek.

-

"Joyce what the hell is you talking bout? Ian eat no damn yogurt of yours" I heard once I stepped in my mama crib.

"Then who did Kamiko? Cause Malia don't even eat that shit!" my mama shouted.

I shook my head walking to the kitchen to greet my mama before anybody else.

"Hey baby" she said hugging me then kissing my cheek.

"Ima kick his mafuckin ass out, he been trying me all damn day" she mumbled only for me to hear. I laughed shaking my head.

"You gone do yo husband like that?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Joyce!" he called out.

"Miko what! Shit" she shouted back.

"Come fix this tv fa me" he said and my mama sighed walking out the kitchen. I followed behind her and then dapped my dad up.

"Wassup son" my dad said and I sent him a head nod.

"Markeyvius I had a dream about fish" my mama said putting her hand on her hip.

"Okaay? What i'm supposed to do about that" I said laughing.

"He been fucking" my dad said and I sucked my teeth.

"I'm a grown ass man" I said looking him up and down.

"I'm finna get me a grand baby" my mama cheered and I shook my head.

"Ian having no damn kids" I mumbled.

"Mm" she said then handed the remote back to Miko.

"Where my sister at y'all lame" I said and my mama mugged me.

"Get out my house den, playing me like a lame" my mama said and I scrunched my face up.

"What the hell Malia got you saying bruh" I said shaking my head walking up the stairs. I knocked on ha door waiting fa ha to say sum.

"Yeah?!" she shouted and I opened the door.

"Wassam Key" she said holding her hand out for our handshake.

"Wassam li bit" I said sitting on her desk chair getting on my phone.

"You still been talking ta that nigga?" I asked her and she laughed shaking her head no.

"I been stopped talking ta him since you beat his ass" she laughed.

"I'll do it the fuck again too" I said and she shook her head.

"Mama had a dream about fish" Li said eyeing me and I shook my head standing up.

"Y'all onnat weird shit have a blessed day" I said and she laughed.

___________________________

y'all people say stuff like that too ? 😭

🐟.