chapter fifty

-Key
12:24 pm

"Bae where you at?!" I heard a voice echo through my house

I cracked open my bathroom door then shouted "I'm ina bathroom."

"Aight well yo food ona table" she shouted back. I washed my hands then made my way to the kitchen. I saw Sydnee sitting down eating her Timmy Chans.

"Wassup" I said walking up to her bending down to give her a kiss.

"Hey" she said then swallowed her food. I sat down on the counter and opened my food examining all I got.

"Did you say I love you in the heat of the moment or did you mean it?" she said breaking the silence.

"Why would I say something I didn't mean? I said it because that's how I feel towards you" I said watching her every movement.

"Oh ok. I was just making sure" she said softly and I nodded.

"Why you said it back so fast? You been waiting on me to say it first or sum?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know... I had mixed emotions about it for a whole month. I just didn't wanna say anything because I didn't wanna get dissed" she said and I shook my head.

"We supposed to communicate Sydnee" I said and she nodded.

"You right, I should've spoke up" she said then took a bite of her chicken.

"You know we never got to finish the video" she said laughing and I smirked.

"Yeah cause we made a movie" I said and she gasped.

"Disgusting" she mumbled.

-

"Did Keelin ever get a lead onnat nigga Latrell brother?" I asked as I sat down thinking.

"Nah, i'm finna stop paying his ass if he don't start doing his job correctly" Juice said looking through paperwork.

"Yo ass is a trip" Boomer laughed then put his head on the desk.

"Shiiidd" Juice mumbled then continued flipping through paper.

"Son, why It's so fuckin cold in here" Tre mumbled.

"Freeze bitch" I said and he sucked his teeth.

"Mane hell nah, go get that nigga Keelin" Juice said and Tre stood up to call out that nigga name.

"Aye where Kee— aye nigga come here real quick" Tre said and then closed the door sitting back down.

Seconds later it opened again and Keelin sent us all a head nod. Keelin was a short ass nigga, we needed the extra brains round here so we hired him. He was good at that tech shit, and that's what we needed.