chapter fifty-eight

Continued ...

"Bae what's going on?" Sydnee asked Key who was looking furious. Sydnee was unaware about the whole Terrance situation so this was news to her ears.

"I'll have Juice explain everything later, stay in here and ima be right back aight?" Key said and Sydnee nodded.

Key left out the room typing away on his phone irritated as fuck. All he wanted was for Sydnee's day to go right and now it was going downhill.

Sydnee sat at the edge of the bed worried about Key. She wasn't surprised about this whole birthday situation because she was already warned. She was prepared for the bad news.

-

"Babe stop driving so fast" Kyra said as Juice sped down the highway trying to get to Key before Terrance did.

He had no idea how he escaped the basement. If he did, Juice knew that he had help and he was going to figure out who.

"Relax" Juice looking through his rearview mirror switching lanes exiting the highway.

"Father god please watch over us in this terrifying journey. Amen" Kyra said holding onto the back of her head seat with her eyes closed.

-

"I bet y'all they fucking right now" Sariah said laughing.

"No really though, that hotel room was something serious" Drea said shaking her head.

"Y'all so damn nosey" Nene said with a small laugh while scrolling through her timeline seeing nothing but Sydnee.

"We were all thinking it" Kia said shrugging her shoulders.

"A whole ass mess, I just remembered that, that girl never came back inside for her damn gifts" Sariah said looking at the table full of gift bags.

"I'll bring em ta ha crib, she probably forgot about em" Nene said.

"Oh yeah, congrats on your new apartment" Drea said congratulating Nene.

"Thanks girl, come stop by and see it" Nene said with a smile.

"Word? I thought you was moving back to Louisiana" Kia said in curiosity.

"I was, but then realized ima miss my people down here. Plus, I think I found a decent job that has interest in me" Nene said and they all smiled.

They were proud of her success. After losing a parent Nene still remained strong no matter what. She was a natural born hustler.

-

Juice pulled up and parked his car in the back of the hotel looking around for Key. He spotted him in his car staying lowkey.

Juice then looked away and watched as a car rolled through the empty parking lot. He got a glimpse of the driver seeing it was Terrence.

Terrance got out of his car and pointed his gun at Juice who mugged him. "You gone shoot me? Go head" Juice said not even frightened.