chapter sixty-six

-Omniscient
5 days later
10:00 am

Drops of rain fell from the sky landing on the concrete. Dark clouds filled the dark sky and no one appeared to be smiling today.

Sydnee walked into the room wearing her black dress, black jacket and some black low heels. Her hair was bone straight and to top it off she had no makeup on except for lipgloss.

She looked at Key sitting on the edge of the bed staring at nothing in particular. She stood in front of him just looking at him. She then wrapped her arm around his neck and let the other run her hands through his hair.

"Whenever you're ready to talk to me... i'm all ears" she said. Key bit down on his bottom lip while closing his eyes reminiscing of his friend.

"My nigga really gone, ion know how to feel about that" Key said and Sydnee bit the inside of her cheek.

"Things could've been more different, but I guess that's Gods way of punishing me" he said and Sydnee felt her heart sink.

"What? God isn't punishing you Markeyvius. As a matter of fact, he's opening your eyes a little more. Life is too short to be taking advantage of it"

"When me and Tre was li shortys I remember we was in class. The question asked was What do you wanna be when you grow up and he sat there and thought about for some time... and he finally said" Key paused.

"If I grow up I wanna be a barber. And it flew over everyone's head, but me? It stuck with me for a long ass time. It's like he knew he was finna die sometime somewhere" Key said then a tear ran down his eye.

Sydnee noticed him crying then her lip trembled as she pulled her body closer bring them into a hug. This was her first time seeing him cry and honestly she didn't know how to take it.

"Don't cry baby, i'm right here. Okay? you're making me cry now" she said wiping her tears then wiping Keys'.

-

"You okay baby?" Andrea's mom Allice asked walking into Drea's room. She was sitting on her bed scrolling through her instagram replaying the video of her and Tre over and over again.

@amourdrea
(couldn't get this any bigger like wtf)

@amourdrea(couldn't get this any bigger like wtf)

❤️💭↗️
@amourdrea: wow... never thought in a million years that i'd have to write something like this 💔. Tremaine you were one of a kind, the world looked at you as the devil, but I looked at you as my angel. You've gained your wings, please watch over me, i love you & always will.

"Ma I— I don't know" Drea said looking down at the floor. Her mother drove down here as soon as she heard the news about her daughters boyfriend.

"Drea I brought you this" her brother Julian said passing her, her teddy bear that she left behind in Louisiana.

"Thanks Ju, c'mere" Drea said hugging her brother then mushing his head.