chapter fourty-six

- Sydnee
2:45 am

"Sydnee wake up, Auntie Fay in the hospital!" Tori said after I finally answered her call. I opened my eyes immediately then got out my bed.

"Send me yo location Tori" I said hanging up then rushing over to the bathroom. I quickly peed then brushed my teeth. I adjusted my bonnet then slid on my ugg slides.

Tori 🦋 has sent their location ...

I grabbed my keys then rushed to my car, instantly starting it. I turned the radio on as I drove listening to H.E.R.

I was not only scared for Auntie Fay, but I was scared for Jania. If she loses her mom, then she's going to lose it. I hated to see anyone like that, it's not a good feeling at all.

Memorial Herman Hospital

"Hmm I got y'all some coffee" I mumbled as I handed the cup to my mama and even Teedy rude ass.

"Thank you" they both said and I sat down in between Nene and Sariah.

"What happened to her?" I asked Sariah and she tucked her lips in.

"You know Auntie Fay has breast cancer, so she's made her way up to stage 4. The cells moved towards her lungs, liver and her brain" she said and I closed my eyes to begin praying.

"God of healing mercy, in Jesus your Son you stretch out your hand in compassion, restoring the sinner, healing the sick, and lifting up those bowed down. Embrace us now in your loving care, particularly those afflicted with cancer, for whom this intention is offered" I whispered to myself.

"Amen" I heard Nene's voice speak for the first time. I looked her way giving her a tight lip smile, with her returning the gesture.

I looked into her eyes seeing how hard she was trying to hold back her tears. I nodded with my lips tucked in pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me then started sniffling in my ear.

"I- I just" she tried to speak.

"I know, I know, You are so strong don't let your crown fall dawg." I said and she nodded.

"Family of Fay Williams?" A doctor said welcoming himself to the waiting room.

We all stood up impatiently waiting for him to say something. He looked down at his clipboard making Unc suck his teeth.

"Can you tell us god damn?" he said and the doctor looked in his eyes with nothing but sympathy.

"She didn't make it, my condolences goes to your family" he said and the grip of Nenes hand onto mine let loose.

"Damn" was what most of us said while shaking our heads.

"Oh my god, can I see her one last time please" Nene asked and the doctor nodded.

She followed behind him and I walked over to my mama who was pouring her eyes out. She pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

I knew my mama was hurt because Fay was her favorite sister. To her, it was her bestfriend before anything. Losing a sibling hurts more than anything I swear.

2:55 pm

"You know where everything is so you can help yourself to whatever you want. You need me to do something for you?" I asked Nene as put her bag on the bed.

"Nah i'm straight, thank you" she said answering her call, so I dismissed myself.

I allowed her to stay at my crib since she didn't wanna be at hers alone. Nae Nae offered her to stay over with her and Sariah but she politely declined the offer.

I walked to the living room and sat on the couch zoned out. I felt a wave of sleep take over my body, making my eyes drop and my body reclined on the couch.

-

"Aye mookie, wake yo ass up girl" I heard making me scrunch my face up opening my eyes. I looked around seeing I was on my couch but so was Symere.

"Oh hell no, if this is a dream please wake me up before I cry" I said and Symere chuckled.

"Say li bro, ian gon 69 and snitch but watch the fuck out for this mafucka going behind yo back" he said and I sucked my teeth.

"Mmcht, what was your point in telling me then. Worthless ass comment you just made" I said mugging him.

"And how the hell you know bout 69?" I said with a small chuckle.

"Manee God got the hook up in this bitch. I be dancing round with Michael Jackson ass" he said laughing making me laugh.

"Have you seen Auntie Fay yet?" I said then my face became slumped.

"Manee, don't tell me she den died bruh, what happened?" he asked and I sighed.

"Breast cancer took ha, but aye I finally got my cousin back. Ian even stubborn no more, I'm maturing" I said and he held his fist out.

I gave him a fist bump and he nodded. "That's what I like ta hear. You li niggas been arguing on earth like some damn kids" he said and I smirked.

"I know right, shit was dumb as hell" I said then yawned.

"As fuck" he mumbled.

"But can you tell me who not fuckin wimme fa real? Ion wanna be buddy buddy with no fake ass bitch" I said and he shook his head no.

"I can give you a hint. Everything gone make sense on yo birthday" he said and I sucked my teeth.

"Mane my fuckin birthday bruh? They coulda picked any other day" I said putting my palms on my cheeks.

"Manee no kizzy, how mama nem doing?" he asked and I shrugged.

"She was good, till Auntie Fay passed away. This shit suck, they den took you, dad, now her. I wonder who next" I said with a frown and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Can you fuckin die already?" he said and I snapped my neck at him.

"I'm just saying... a nigga be bored up here. Plus dad be everywhere but with me" he said and I chuckled.

"Our time will come, tell dad I miss him" I said and he nodded.

"Ima fuck witchu doe cuhs, I hear Nene calling yo mafuckin ass" he said then just disappeared.

"Damn Sydnee I been calling yo name for 5 minutes" Nene said with one hand on her hip and I groaned.

"Wassup?" I said sitting up still thinking bout my dream.

"Do you want anything from wing stop?" she said lowly and I nodded telling her my order.

__________________________

If only heaven had visiting hours fr 😔.

Who y'all think the snake finna be ?