chapter thirty-seven

- Sydnee -

"Why you looking like that?" Key asked me once I walked in my apartment.

"Because they was fighting and shit... I regret going." I said then ran my fingers through my hair.

"Shoulda stayed ya fast ass at home" he said then looked back down at his phone.

"Fuck up Markeyvius" I said then went to the kitchen and took out my leftover pizza.

"You ate something?" I asked him and he shook his head no.

"Pizza?" I asked and he stood up and walked over to me.

"Yeah" he mumbled then sat down on the barstool and rested his head on the countertop.

I got 4 slices of pizza, put them on a plate, then placed them in the microwave.

Once the microphone beeped I took the plate out and we ate in silence.

"Why you ain't talking?" he asked me and I shrugged.

"I'm tired, plus there's nothing on my mind" I said and he just nodded.

"Look at me" he mumbled and I looked up from my plate to his eyes.

"You beautiful as hell" he said and I smiled.

"You handsome as fuck" I said and he grinned.

"If you had a baby on the way what would you name it?" I asked him and he raised his eyebrow.

"You trynna tell me you pregnant or sum?" he asked me and I scrunched my face up.

"Nigga no, i'm just asking." I said then took a bite of my pizza.

"If it was a girl i'd name ha Khloe wit a K, not a C." he said still thinking.

"And fa a boy, Kemani." he said and I nodded.

"A fan of K's I see." I said and he smirked.

"Yep." he mumbled then rubbed his ear.

"But why?" I asked in curiosity.

"My Og name start wit a K and I fuck wit it." he said and I nodded.

"When's the last time you talked ta him?" I asked and he looked down. He stayed in that position for a minute before finally speaking.

"I haven't talked ta him since my brother passed away." he said and I turned up my lip not knowing what to say.

"I just don't know what I would say ta that nigga, It just feels useless ta me. I used ta go visit him weekly and call him daily but I mean shit. Ion feel connected to him no more." he said and I sighed.

"Markeyvius you never know what can happen to somebody. You need to talk to him before god says it's his time. You'll regret not doing it, because some people don't have that choice" I said then took a sip of my water.

"I'm finna go take a shower" I mumbled then left him in the kitchen by himself to think.

2:45 pm

"They bet not start no shit with me, cause my hands be ready to pop pop pop a bitch" Drea said and I laughed.

"Yeen got shit ta worry bout, but my boyfriend Key not gone speak ta you. When we first met he didn't even wanna tell me his name" I said then she shook her head laughing.

"This dem outside?" she asked me as I pulled into the driveway of Juice crib.

"Yep" I said then turned the ignition off and opened my car door. I grabbed my phone off the charger before closing the door and walking up to them with Drea behind me.