2

"Soana!" Yue called her sister as she snuck into her room

She closed the door behind her and went to her sister's bedside where she slept peacefully with her hair short but a raging mess.

"Soana," Yue cooed, reaching her hand out to shake her sister lightly.

Soana stirred awake from her slumber.

"Why must you wake me so early?" She grumbled.

Yue smiled sweetly at her sister.

"Today is a new day."

Soana huffed a quick breath.

"Whatever."

In response, Yue rolled her eyes.

"I meant for you and Prince Zuko."

"That idiot." Soana sat up in her bed as Yue sat on the edge.

"I understand Zuko, and I have to marry, but why him? Why couldn't our father trade more resources or something?"

Yue shook her head.

"An arranged marriage is the last resort for most problems. Perhaps our father has run out of ideas with the fire lord?"

Yue then looked to her sister to change the subject.

"Anyways, I have news from Prince Zuko!"

Soana raised her eyebrows and frowned.

Yue shook her head side to side.

"Not directly, but it's what I've overheard with his uncle."

"Yue, since when do princesses eavesdrop on other royals?" Soana teased.

Yue brushed it off and continued.

"Anyways, Prince Zuko was talking to Iroh in the courtyard while I was on my balcony just this morning. He said he wants to marry you because you're a true, genuine person."

"True and genuine." She scoffed.

"All I did was cut off my hair, splash tea at him, and insult him constantly within the first two days of knowing him."

Her sister shook her head.

"I don't understand how he's taken a liking to you when you're being rude purposely, but he seems to have fallen for you by the sound of it."

Soana rolled her eyes and made herself get out of bed.

"The nerve of some men."

"Would it kill you to be nice to him?"

Soana hummed in thought.

"Possibly."

She slipped on a pair of sealskin slippers and her thick floor-length robe before heading towards the open balcony outside of her room.