64

In the Spirit World was where Soana had settled. She grew thankful of the spirits and how kind they were to her when she first came.

Not only did she have the spirit's favor, but she also gained another friend after a few years of being there; Iroh. When arriving in the first place, Iroh looked weak but with time he had gathered enough strength to become a strong spirit like Soana.

Although Soana was no longer young, she still had the look of youth for being 45 at the time of her death. Her face had smile lines and her hair had turned from dark brown to a beige color from years of stress and experience as the President of the United Republic.

Even after her death, Republic City still needed work. Even after Avatar Aang's death, Avatar Korra came in to help build the city back to its richest. During her time, she opened the spirit portal in the North and South Poles which gave access for spirits to come and go into the real world as they pleased.

Not only were spirits allowed to enter the human realm, but humans could enter the spirit world as they pleased.

So one day when Soana and Iroh were peacefully playing Pai Sho with several dragonfly bunny spirits flying around them, entertained by the game, they noticed someone had entered the spirit portal and was approaching them from the woodland area nearby.

Soana sighed, feeling pleased and at ease as she was the moment she had entered the spirit world.

"We got company, Iroh." Soana informed, feeling a dragonfly bunny landing on her shoulder.

She giggled, feeling their fluffy face rubbing against her temple.

Iroh chuckled.
"I know. I can feel their footsteps growing close."

Although Soana was at ease, the impatient side of her appeared when she could see the silhouette.

"Someone tall, and old." Soana informed.

Iroh held a smile, getting up from the sitting position on the ground.
"It's someone we both know."

Steadily, Iroh walked towards the silhouette who was now illuminated with the light that was shining onto the meadow they were in.

"Uncle." Soana heard a raspy, old voice speak.

She turned and took in the man's appearance. He was in Fire Nation clothing and his hair was long and white along with his beard. Nothing about him was familiar until Soana gaze upon the left side of his face to see a scar.

"Zuko." She said to herself as she stood up from the Pai Sho table, making the dragonfly bunnies disperse.

" She said to herself as she stood up from the Pai Sho table, making the dragonfly bunnies disperse

She watched as he two old men embraced each other in a hug. They held each other right before they pulled away and looked at each other.

Iroh cocked his head and sighed.
"You're not only here for me."

He then moved to the side to reveal Soana to Zuko.

Though Soana was at peace, she felt more content than she did before now that Zuko was now standing before her.

As the former Fire Lord gawked at her, his face fell and tears grew along his waterline. He couldn't believe she was there standing before him.

She took multiple strides towards him before she placed her hands on his shoulders. Although he appeared to be saddened, she could sense his joy deep within.

"Soana," Zuko gasped before he wrapped his arms around her waist, seizing her in his embrace.

He released a shaky breath before she ran her hands through his white hair.

"You're old and gray." She giggled.

"I know." He trembled.

She rubbed his back as they both pulled away. Suddenly, she frowned at what was before her.

"Zuko,"

Soana paused, seeing that his wrinkled face was no longer wrinkled. His hair wasn't long and white, and his beard was gone.

He was young again, possibly at the age of seventeen.

She furrowed her brows as she glanced at Iroh.

Iroh beamed.
"You're the ages you were when you both were at your prime."

"Yes, but I thought only spirits could do that." Soana informed.

Zuko sighed deeply.
"Soana,"

She let her gaze fall back to him.
"You're not here visiting, are you?"

Zuko's lips curved as he shook his head.
"No. I'm here to stay."

The corners of her lips pulled as they both beamed at each other. She giggled as she noticed Zuko's face getting closer. She seized her laughter and meet Zuko in the middle before their lips pressed together, feeling safe and sound in his arms again.

As they shared a tender moment, the spirits from nearby gathered around and stared at the couple before Iroh turned and shared a pleased grin.

"He's here to stay!" He announced, making the spirits erupt in cheers and shouts.

The dragonfly bunnies from earlier flew around in circles as they whizzed cheerfully.

As Zuko and Soana pulled away, they gazed into one another's eyes.

She placed her palm on his cheekbone and whispered.
"I love you."

He responded quickly.
"I love you the most."